Upwork is seeking a Khmer Language Research and Localization Specialist for our large Enterprise client.
Our client is a multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
This is a terrific opportunity for professionals who are seeking long-term work with a great team! You get to work remotely (from your home office), set your own hours, guaranteed 40 hours/week, and more. If you are a freelancer, part-time student, or looking for a more flexible way to work, we want to talk to you!
The Language Research and Localization Specialist will conduct research and add data on a wide range of international topics into a large database.
- Add to, edit, and merge data based on instructions that will be provided in a large database of international topics.
- Analyze multiple information sources to resolve factual discrepancies.
- Engage in online discussion with colleagues on best practices.
- Ensure quality of data in the database.
- Your focus will be on a variety of categories including popular culture and media.
- You will use a variety of online tools for data entry and analysis, including quality assurance for word-level translations Khmer to English, English to Khmer.
What You Need - Translation & Localization
- You are a NATIVE Khmer speaker who understands the language’s linguistic norms including proper use of idiomatic expressions.
- Also, you will have solid NATIVE Khmer written competency.
- Being highly proficient in reading and writing English is needed for your to be successful.
What it Takes to Catch Our Eye:
- You are a strong and experienced internet researcher who is able to exercise independent judgement to ensure data accuracy and quality
- You have experience with database, data entry, data verification, database management.
- Detail oriented and committed to accuracy are your strengths.
- A stable internet connection and a functioning webcam is required prior to an interview.
- Bonus: You have any experience working with very large Enterprise clients in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for You?
- Flexible schedule; 35 - 40 hours/week. You pick when you want to work!
- Stable on-going, long-term work.
- Pay raises!
- Work with one of the largest multinational technology companies in the world!
- A diverse work environment.
- A place to improve your skills and grow both professionally and personally.
- A chance to learn about other cultures.
- Your work will make a difference for people all over the world.