About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create & deploy machine learning solutions. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in programming with a good enough understanding about data science. Your goal will be to build efficient machine-learning pipeline.
- Maintain and optimize the machine learning/deep learning models developed by the Data Scientist and ensure seamless deployment in production pipelines.
- Develop and maintain robust data processing pipelines
- Develop and maintain reproducible modelling pipelines and setup the continuous monitoring process
- Follow strict coding standards and other software engineering best practices and be the proponent of the culture in the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- Overall 6-8 years of experience out of which 2-3 years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Data modelling Skills: SQL, Python, R and analytics model building using Machine Learning/ Deep Learning - ANN, CNN, LSTM, NLP, GNN
- Deep Learning Frameworks: Caffe, Keras, Theano, TensorFlow, or Torch
- Experience working on Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop MR, Hive, NoSQL, Spark, Kafka, Graph Databases etc.)
- Working experience in Big Data: Spark, Hive, Hadoop environment
- Data visualisation skills: Power BI / Tableau / Qlikview
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Tensorflow or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn , StatsModels)
- Has worked on live production environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You take complete ownership of your work and are self-driven
Good to Have:
- Strong understanding of both Univariate and Multivariate Timeseries Modelling Techniques
- Familiarity in working with Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
- Experience deploying Machine Learning and Deep Learning models in production
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Experience with containerizing applications using Docker
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.