Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required. This position is a night shift position.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification).
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' Lathe machining experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience with manual as well as CNC machining
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Successful candidates must meet and be cleared under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
- Candidates will be tested
- Must be willing and able to work weekend day shift (Friday to Sunday – 6am – 6pm)
*Only qualified candidates who meet all of the requirements will be contacted for interview