BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
To monitor and to follow-up on the overall spectrum of facility maintenance program/matters.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities.
- Maintenance of IH facility infrastructure
- Ensure basic utilities are maintained – water, lights, and record the results in the check list form Illumination & retrofit
- Surge protector management & monitoring
- Energy management & monitoring
- Correction of Hazard – roof leaks, etc.
- 24/7 emergency call support and site attendance are required
- Coordinate and support all departments when received the Maintenance Request ticket.
- Maintain, operate all HVAC systems and associated equipment, electrical equipment, plumbing systems, building management system, and building repairs.
- Plan & Perform ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems.
- Recycling program & facility cleanliness
- Ensure recycling routines are maintained – Contact the vendor to collect the scrap and contact accounting department for scraps invoice.
- Ensure wastes are properly segregated and disposed. Contact the vendor to collect the waste periodically.
- Grounds / landscape management.
- Pest controls & trash removal.
- Periodical inspection of fire protection system, exit lights, fire pumps, air compressors, humidity control ... as planned.
- Furniture disposal.
- Procurement of maintenance & repair supplies and/or services.
- Check whether the vendor has complied with the regulations and report back to the Manager.
- Technical supervision when the contractor works in the factory area.
- Safety supervision, ensuring the contractor to comply with labor safety while working in the factory.
- Be part of the Fire Fighting team and ERT team.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Adheres to all Samtec Quality Principles and actions.
“The responsibilities as defined are intended to serve as a general guideline for this position. Associates may be asked to perform additional tasks depending on strengths and capabilities.”
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in facilities management, or a relevant building trade.
- Basic technical aspects of property (Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system)
- Passion for quality – has an eye for detail to make sure the best delivery of services
- Is a team player – able to cooperate and work well with others to meet targets
- Exhibits honesty & trustworthiness
- Diploma/ Related technical or equivalent experience.
SAMTEC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All employment decisions at Samtec are based in business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, pregnancy or parental status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity/expression, marital status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws.