Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Field Solutions has over 50 years’ experience working in the construction industry. Our core business is the delivery of projects and programmes in partnership
with our clients. We have a wide and diverse pool of experienced resources using proven delivery systems and processes that are benchmarked as best in class.
• We have a significant and growing role in supporting our Defence clients in the UK, comprising asset improvement, environmental upgrade, storage, new build and decommissioning projects
• Our highly successful and busy Jacobs Field Solutions team in Thatcham, Berkshire is currently seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced EC&I Maintenance Technician reporting to the O&M Manager, you will manage and execute the maintenance activities on a portfolio of projects and activities to meet the Quality, cost, resource, programme and acceptance criteria within agreed scopes of work that demonstrates that the equipment remains available
• Understands occupational hazards and the necessary safety precautions applicable to operating and maintaining equipment in an industrial environment.
• Experience of legislative, preventative and breakdown maintenance on EC&I plant and equipment.
• Demonstrates problem solving skills, troubleshooting faults and failures on wide range of system including PLC Systems, Electrical Control Panels and Field Instrumentation.
• Producing, modifying, and working to detailed maintenance instructions and method statements.
• Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information from a variety of sources, including vendor reports, equipment interrogation and operational logs.
• Working alongside equipment suppliers and vendors in the commissioning and maintenance of plant and equipment.
• Highly self-motivated, with drive to deliver and to improve
• Excellent communication skills.
• Demonstrable commitment to continuous personal development
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [...] to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Thatcham-UK Thatcham
Job Posting: Jan 11, 2022, 4:40:15 AM
Job Type: Experienced