We are looking for a highly capable Management Accountant to support our rapidly growing business. Ricardo Rail Australia is a premium provider of engineering services, with the expertise and technical capabilities to devise innovative solutions to our clients’ transport project challenges.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for management review and consolidation in executive and board reporting;
- Assist in the formulation of internal budget and accounting policy;
- Conduct financial investigations including variance analysis, audits and adhoc projects;
- Provide assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements;
- Liaise with external auditors, ATO and financial institutions as required;
- Process revenue recognition in line with accounting standards for both fixed price and time and expense contracts;
- Provide project accounting support to nominated projects, including the preparation of the project status report;
- Manage project establishment and resource planning;
- Facilitate the project review cycle, including forecasting, resource updates and working capital management;
- Provide financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations as required;
- Maintain the internal controls systems and report the same monthly to Ricardo Group;
- Manage operating cashflow.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree or higher in Accounting or commerce;
- Membership of a recognised accounting body; and
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in a rail or heavy industry consulting environment.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SAP;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Changepoint particularly in project forecasting and resource planning;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Excellent verbal and written communication; and
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, please apply.
Ricardo Rail Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note we are not currently accepting applications for this position through recruitment agencies.