Our Client a Public Service Body based in Kildare are currently looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join their team on a contract basis.
This role will support the Head of Finance in delivering expert financial advice and decision support for the running of the organisation.
Role will involve:
- Play a lead role in engaging on behalf of the Head of Finance with Service colleagues on all matters of financial performance;
- Support and develop the provision of financial analysis and commentary in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Support the development of the financial reporting framework in the continued implementation of the Pay & Numbers strategy;
- Work closely with senior colleagues in a number of key performance processes, including Estimates, Service planning & Budget Allocation;
- Engage effectively with service leads to ensure adequacy of expenditure control and cost containment
- Financial/governance/compliance aspects of managing the relationship with funded service providers
- Communicate effectively with all internal/external stakeholders
- Reviewing and sign-off of relevant management accounting and financial accounting information including accruals/prepayments, cost transfers, monthly and ad-hoc reports, cost containment reports, forecasts and cash reports
- Assist in the Annual Tax Compliance review
- Implementation of control improvements/audit recommendations with service leads;
- Provide analysis as required of income and maximising same/minimising write-offs
- Deliver effectively against any other requirements under controls/compliance as required from time to time by Head of Finance
- Play a key role in supporting improvements in financial data management, including integrity of ERP system data, local databases and other data interfaces, for example with HR and Services KPI;
- Support the rollout of key system reform processes, including IFMS, CFI, Stabilisation and Finance Reform;
- Play a key role in the rollout of Community Costing initiatives within the organisation.
- Be a Member or passed finalist of a recognised or prescribed accountancy body such as ACCA, CPA, ACMA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
- Have a demonstrable record of achievement in a financial analysis/reporting role within a large complex organisation, encompassing direct engagement with and influencing of senior decision makers;
- Be able to display a keen understanding of and ability to use ERP systems and to translate that usage into the production of management information
- Be highly proficient in using spreadsheets and/or databases to deliver solutions to business challenges
- Have shown an ability to influence change through effective communication of financial and business information
If you are interested in the above please contact Yvonne Rafter