Our client a semi state organisation in the midlands are currently looking to recruit an experienced Management Accountant to join them on a contract basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
Management / Finance
- Assist the organisations finance Management Team and other Managers in ensuring the Financial Regulations are effectively applied and implemented in accordance with best practice
- Assist the Senior Management team in gaining an appreciation of the financial challenges facing the organisation in delivering services within allocated Budget.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Management Team in the development and monitoring of Cost Containment Plans.
- Manage the Finance Function and staff
- To promote and ensure full compliance with all approved Finance Policies and Financial Regulations across the organisation.
- Develop strong working relationships with all key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation
- Continuously appraise the operation of the organisations finance function and systems in conjunction with Management Team and stakeholders to ensure it continues to be fit for purpose in all areas of performance and service delivery.
- Develop and maintain a system of Internal Financial Controls to ensure effective budgetary control, management and accountability.
- Preparation of monthly Financial Reports in respect of the prescribed format and ensure all Management Reporting is delivered within the required timeframes.
- Assist the Senior Management Team in the monitoring of Financial Performance versus Budget and service activity within approved Service Plan
- Analyse and review financial information and provide commentary thereon.
- Provide detailed expenditure information and analysis of variances.
- Advise and report on financial trends and identify priorities for corrective action in conjunction with the organisations Management Team.
- Identify, advise and support the delivery of Value for Money initiatives.
- Prepare costings of proposed new services for inclusion in the Service Plan.
- Provide professional financial support to the organisations Management Team and other service managers
- Provide Financial Information, service costings, budgetary and expenditure analysis to the CFO
- Ensure all the required analytical information regarding Activity Based Funding is available, suggesting possible alternative approaches/strategies and advising on opportunities for improvement where applicable.
- Preparation of year end returns as required.
- Collation and provision of financial information as required for the annual audit and facilitating and supporting the Comptroller & Auditor General in the carrying out his statutory audit functions.
- Liaison and provision of information, facilitating, supporting and participating in Internal Audits as required.
- Co-ordinate the annual Controls Review Assurance Process and provide advice on the process as required.
- Support the preparation of financial material for media queries, freedom of information requests, parliamentary questions etc.
Suitable candidate will be qualified accountants with a wealth of general accounting experience within a fast paced environment .
If you are interested in the above or any other finance role please contact Yvonne Rafter Ph: 6797990 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org