Environments Management Overview
The environments management team is a global team of approx 15 people responsible for managing all non-production environments for the Markets (Equities) and F&O groups for development, system testing, UAT, regression and functional testing environments.
a. We provide a direct service for the application development teams by gathering initial requirements for an environment build, building the environment and ongoing support of the environment.
b. We work on significant number of Infrastructure projects apart of BAU (detailed above) which includes all the procedures of a software lifecycle starting from planning till implementation and testing. A few flavors of these projects are platform migration, datacenter exit, Test environments builds as per regulatory changes, operating system migration, RDBMS upgrade etc.
c. Scope Of Work include but not limit to:
· Ensuring SOD’s and SOW’s are all good
· Encouraging and implementing automation
· Trade Flow issue investigation and coordination
· Tech refreshes, Migrations, Rationalizations
· Project Management of technical programs like Sybase16, implementation
· Functional Programs support
· Environment support
· Application Support
· Application Build management
· Managing lower Env deployments
· Managing and developing tools that support all of above points.
The ideal candidate will:
Be experienced in a technical support role with hands on experience of UNIX and shell scripting, Perl, Python, Sybase/SQL and ideally have had exposure to a number of different technologies like Control M or any scheduling mechanism. He/she must have an excellent communication and problem solving skills with the ability to work independently and/or as part of a larger team.
The Environments Analyst Responsibilities include:
· Co-ordinate and implement the set up of application infrastructure on new non-production environments (Development and all sort of Testing)
· Identification and resolution of any issues raised against non-production environments in a timely and effective manner, taking the end to end ownership of the user issue. This includes the escalation of critical incidents and identification of patterns in recurring incidents
· Develop and maintain knowledge of all Equities, F&O and cash market applications, product sets and underlying technologies.
· Implement improvement activities for the process and large number of tools that are currently being used by the team.
· Improvement of overall quality and level of service, maximizing service availability levels
· Strong problem solving
· Ability to communicate well at all levels
· Self motivated
· Good team worker
· Ability to learn new skills very quickly
· Ability to work under pressure at critical times in the development/testing/release lifecycle
· Build a strong relationship with the Application Development Teams
· Build a strong relationship with the Application Test & Configuration Teams
· Establishes good working relationships with all global environments teams
· Clearly understands client’s business he or she is responsible for and recommends, provides, and supports application service that best fit client’s current and future needs
· Communicates clearly and effectively status with end users and AD Services manager at all times
· Acts as the first point of support for application incidents
· Receives and logs calls from clients using appropriate processes, procedures and technology
· Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves functional and technical problems and business critical incidents through research and analysis of trends, root causes, and business impact
· Assists in the translation of solutions into technical requirements
· Develops and utilizes appropriate tools to perform work
· Has a college degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience.
· Has 2 to 5 years experience in a support role
· Strong Unix including good Shell Scripting (min 3yrs)
· 2 years SQL/Sybase
· Enterprise RDBMS (Sybase)
· Requires a logical approach to problem solving Preferred Skills & Experience – include specifics, as above
· 1 year PYTHON (desirable)
· Useful to be familiar with quality guidelines, standards and procedures
· May have been an Application Service Delivery Analyst or a Production System Administrator
· Good understanding of demand based lifecycle and importance of customer communication.
· Knowledge of Investment Banking (preferable)