“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States.
About Amazon India:
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. We are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. Join us so you can - Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· If you have relentless desire to drive process improvement and motivate and lead a team of exceptionally driven, customer-obsessed associates and specialists, all while analyzing systemic issues and implementing solutions to challenging problems, we have the career you’re looking for!
· Recruiting Services Manager sets the vision, direction, and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals, maintaining singular focus on ensuring and improving customer satisfaction, by identifying broader customer impacting issues and implementing solutions to drive quality and productivity, while achieving real time desired service levels.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
Project Management and Communications:
· Identifying customer impacting issues, working out and implementing solutions and process improvements to increase customer satisfaction rate. Participates in cross-functional process improvement initiatives
· Assist in developing and implementing training programs to improve the quality and productivity of the team.
· Drive process improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the site. Understanding and effectively utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
· Investigates discrepancies, finds and implements solutions
· Creates business cases and manages enhancements. Presents high quality data findings
· Identifies need creates and distributes standard communications. Maintains departmental content in all channels. With manager oversight, develops and implements communication plans.
. Responds to escalations, providing root cause analysis and recommendation. Develops remediation plan and drives to resolution with minimal guidance from Manager
· Leading and developing a team of 50-60 associates and Specialists; responsible for the overall direction, performance management, coordination and evaluation of the team and manage the team and ensure high service delivery and execution
· Actively participate in and drive the continuous improvement culture through ‘kaizen’ and lean projects. Identifying and eliminating barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
· Achieve performance goals and objectives in line with the network wide vision and goals.
· Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon.com’s policies and
· procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
· Communicating policies to associates and become the primary information source for staff; following-up to ensure compliance and consistency; taking corrective action as necessary and documenting the issue and actions taken.
· Responds to queries from team, internal business partners, candidates, and customers including high level leadership teams.
· Managing key stakeholders both internal & external & partnering with them for process enhancement.
Subject Matter Expertise:
· Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for customers, team and vendors
· Deep knowledge in one or more areas
· General understanding of HR Services workload and priorities
· Knows and interprets basic legal stipulations. Knows and works with outside sources to develop interpretations and solutions for complex issues
· Performs audits of team’s work. Assists in developing and approving guidelines
· Advocates for HR Services
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Demonstrated ability to build, develop, direct, and manage a group of people. Formulate, Implement, Track career path & Individual Development Plans of each member in the team
· Ability to support Business and provide solutions to customer pain points
· Ability to handle complex and ambiguous scenarios
· Ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments
· Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions
· Proven ability to manage reporting and analysis
· Demonstrated passion for delivering a positive customer experience, and maintain composure in difficult situations
· Ability to effectively and efficiently complete difficult goals or assignments
· Can adapt well to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong proficiency in using MS Office tools (especially Excel)
· Fluent English skills are required for this role
· Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
· Ability to handle projects using the Project Management principles and methodology
· Direct experience in HR Shared Services environment
· Exceptional skills in data manipulation and analysis
· Ability and desire to relocate to take advantage of future growth opportunities
· People Management (leadership role, Category Lead, team management, floor control and retention)
· Metrics based management