The role will be including but not limited to following scope of work:
Objectives and Responsibilities of the M&A Analyst
- Research & Prospecting: The M&A Analyst will be tasked with conducting research on prospective firms and preparing customized presentations for business executive teams to use in negotiation meetings. In this role the M&A Analyst collects large amounts of data on other business’s, companies, firms etc., and becomes highly knowledgeable on the competitive landscape within the geographically assigned area of consideration.
- The M&A Analyst takes initiative to contact prospective mergers and acquisitions and prepares appointments for prospective businesses to meet with corporate leadership and senior management. He directly researches and approaches merger and acquisition targets through multiple channels inclusive of internet prospecting, employee referrals, networking, database searches, internet ads, and so forth.
- Analytics: The M&A Analyst also has an analytical role where he is tasked with the formulation of financial reports based on shared private and public information, inclusive of the prospective business’s company revenue, staff resources assessments, and general due diligence. The M&A Analyst also conducts research and analysis on prospective business’s consumers as well as their industry sub-sectors and takes initiative to contribute to those businesses.
- In this role, the M&A Analyst initiates the tracking of key metrics and ensures that the data he gathers is accurate and current after which he creates reports for senior merger and acquisition management for consideration.
- Strategy: The M&A Analyst will play a strategic role where he enhances marketing materials and acquisition stories that position the business with potential targets. He develops detailed industry materials for various industry sub-sectors, plans, prioritizes, and delivers marketing enhancements. It is also his duty to maintain healthy consumer relations during the period of a merger or acquisition deal from formulation to execution.
- The M&A Analyst empowers mergers and acquisitions efforts by designing suitable solutions that address business process needs and key infrastructures. The M&A Analyst is tasked with staying up to speed and aiding the business in translating the potential merger or acquisition targets into current prospects using the business’s language and methodologies in order to initiate the process of realising the potential business target.
- Collaboration: The role of the M&A Analyst is a collaborative role and in this position, he works closely with senior M&A management on all prospecting activities. He also works collaboratively with this senior management in identifying merger and acquisition targets within the business’s market.
- The M&A Analyst additionally works with internal and external technology teams in defining associated systems and business processes necessary to facilitate the merger or acquisition at hand. He also maintains close contact with various internal teams in the business in order to guarantee the smooth running of the execution process.
- Other Duties: The M&A Analyst performs similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the M&A Associate, M&A Vice President, M&A Director, or the Chief Business Development Officer.
Required Qualifications of the M&A Analyst
- Ideal Educational Qualification: Engineer (BE/ B. Tech) + MBA (Finance)
- Com/ M. Com + MBA (Finance)
- CA with experience and knowledge of Business Projections, Business Plans, Valuations (Discounted Cash Flow/ Comparative Method, etc.)
- Experience: A candidate for this position must demonstrate a capability to negotiate financial deals along with the ability to make wise decisions coupled with a keen eye for detail. The candidate must demonstrate substantial knowledge in the workings of electronic market forecasting and market trading software programs.
- 2-5 years’ experience in Debt Syndication and/ or M&A deals (preferred)
- Must have experience of execution of at least 5 deal (start to end)
- Must have worked in manufacturing sector (at least 2-3 deals)
- Ms Office/Software: The candidate must also demonstrate proficiency in the use of MS Word, Ms Excel, and PowerPoint, which will be necessary for the creation of both visually and verbally engaging reports and presentations for senior M&A management and collaborating personnel.
- Research and Analytical Skills: The M&A Analyst will have a demonstrated passion for analytics and the insights realized from processing raw information and data. He will possess strong research, analytical modelling, and technical skills
- Interpersonal Skills: The candidate for the position must have exceptional research skills, have an enthusiasm for making connections with new people, be a good team player, be a self-starter with outstanding work ethic, and have a keen eye for detail. He must also work comfortably in a group/cross-functional setting, have excellent problem solving skills, and have an ability to remain calm in the face of uncertainty, inspiring the same in collaborating personnel and prospective mergers and acquisitions.
People Skills: As a representative of the business to prospective mergers and acquisitions, the M&A Analyst must be a confident but approachable and likable individual who portrays a similar image of the business, hence inspiring trust in prospective mergers and acquisitions and subsequently enabling the execution of the transaction.