Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex project management problems.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
Interested in joining our Capital Projects team? Keep reading to learn more!
Our experienced Managers help our clients successfully plan, deliver and manage any type of construction project and related contractual disputes. As trusted advisors to our clients, Managers support Deloitte’s Partners and Directors in strategizing and managing construction scope, cost, schedule, risk, changes, claims and related project management processes, with assistance from the team’s analysts and senior associates.
You will be managing various aspects of our engagements, including:
• Developing and responding to construction claims on behalf of our clients or in the form of an independent Deloitte expert opinion, in a clear manner. Advising our clients on the appropriate strategy at different stages of our assignments, in collaboration with their legal counsel when applicable.
• Reviewing project documents, normalizing and analyzing complex data from multiple sources using advanced Excel functions and specialized analytics software (such as Tableau and QlikView) and creating relevant tables and charts to support storytelling.
• Analyzing schedules, delays, loss of productivity, and quantifying damages using industry-recommended methodologies.
• Providing project management optimization services at the organizational level.
• Acting as the owner’s representative during the project or program lifecycle and supporting operational readiness.
• Coaching and developing the team’s analysts and senior associates\
Deloitte is one of Canada’s leading professional services firms, providing various advisory and expert services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today’s local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today’s and tomorrow’s challenges.
Even the best-managed ventures are vulnerable to external influences - that’s where our experts step in. As a member of our team, you’ll help small start-ups to massive multinationals face business issues with informed confidence.
The Capital Projects practice provides a variety of advisory services to capital project owners, developers, contractors or any organization with interest in the successful delivery of a construction or asset-based project. Our team of experienced engineers, architects, project managers, construction managers, schedulers and cost managers, possess comprehensive design and construction industry experience, and have advanced degrees in engineering, project management, business, and law.
Furthermore, through our access to the Deloitte global network of member firms, the Capital Projects group offers a broad range of integrated services in varied professional disciplines and diverse locations.
To complement our existing consulting expertise, we are seeking people with a background that includes the following:
• 6-10 years in project management, contract administration or project controls in the construction industry, or as a consultant in a similar role, with experience in the development and/or defense of construction claims relating to delays and cost overruns.
• Member or eligible member of a professional order of engineers or architects.
• Graduate degree and/or any relevant industry certification (PMP, CCP, etc.) is an asset.
• Demonstrated record of superior quality deliverables and services (a high GPA will be considered), with a commitment to client service excellence.
• Self-driven inspiring leader, with ability to work effectively within various teams on multiple engagements simultaneously.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Proficient user of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, working knowledge of project scheduling software and demonstrated interest in cutting-edge technologies applicable to the construction industry.
• Ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) in English.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.