About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To assist Relationship Managers in providing proactive account relationship management in respect of the designated portfolio with the objectives of maximising profits and returns (EP) whilst minimising bad debts (EL management), actively cross-selling the Bank’s other products and services and ensuring that this portion of the team’s targets are met.
- Assist Relationship Managers to achieve budgeted revenue and other campaign targets
- Help drive sales process and enhance utilization by proactively identifying business opportunities and pursuing deals
- Provide high quality customer service on enquiry, transactions handling and offer operational solutions to enhance customer satisfaction
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for document execution and limit activation
- Prepare comprehensive and clearly written BCA for credit approval in a timely fashion
- Promptly attend to excesses / bills referrals in accordance with the Bank's policy
- Proactively monitor excesses and communicate with customers in line with account strategy; seek proper approval for excesses; monitor periodic repayments
- Monitor risk on a daily basis; ensure credit, reputation and compliance risks are held to the highest standards of risk management, ensure prompt reporting and take appropriate actions to deal with irregularities
- Follow up closely with customers on submission of financials for timely preparation of analysis
- Effective limits maintenance to avoid excesses due to system constraints
- Ensure facility drawdown after approval in a timely manner
- Coach / develop clerical to facilitate better utilization of resources
Management of GSAM accounts
Sub-$5m account management
- If portfolio has sub-$5m accounts that are credit graded CG12-14, then actively manage these accounts to maximise recoveries and minimise losses for the bank.
- Ensure relevant systems and controls follow Group policies and procedures.
- The role needs to be performed as per agreed in the Role & Responsibilities document.
Co-Management of ME accounts with GSAM
- If portfolio has co-managed accounts with GSAM, support the RM to then actively manage the same to achieve account level objective.
- Help the RM to work closely with GSAM Account Manager and ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role are in compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Support the RM for the role that needs to be performed as per agreed co-management Role & Responsibilities document.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Colleagues in BB and CDD teams, Product, Risk, Compliance and other support Functions and Businesses
- Existing Customers – To manage relationships, develop business, evaluate credits, negotiate facility terms and pricing, resolve operational problems and secure market information.
- Prospective Customers – To market full range of Bank’s products and services
- Professionals – Lawyers, Valuers, Insurance Broker
- Embed Here for good and the Group’s brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
Our Ideal Candidate
- University graduate with solid working experience in banks
- Strong analytical, verbal reasoning and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and analyse financial statements
- Adequate commercial marketing acumen e.g. demonstration of capability in identifying cross selling opportunities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- High responsiveness
- Aspiration in following the career path of Relationship Manager
- Proficiency in Chinese and English including Putonghua
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.