Job Reference: 637440
- Competitive salary plus 17% Superannuation
- Permanent full-time based at Perth (Bentley) campus
- Extensive learning and development opportunities
Digital & Technology Solutions (DTS)
Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university, with a global presence, it aims to transform lives and communities through education and research. The Digital and Technology Services (DTS) team at Curtin provide the enterprise digital platforms that support Curtin’s students and staff.
The DTS team is full steam ahead on building modern technology platforms, working with stakeholders to define the digital future for Curtin University. There is an enormous amount of work to be done - it is bleeding edge and we promise you won’t be bored! If you enjoy technology, transformation, continual innovation and change, then the Digital & Technology Solutions team at Curtin is for you!
Your new role
Join our growing Security and Assurance team where you will be responsible for managing three staff within the cyber security operations team. Manage our outsourced managed cyber security services provider and lead and enhance Curtin’s operational cyber security capabilities to secure and protect the University from evolving cyber threat.
Collaborate closely with other IT teams, managed security services provider (MSSP), technology partners, external vendors, government agencies, and wider University stakeholders to ensure services delivered are pragmatic and risk-informed. You will have responsibility for ensuring Curtin’s operational cyber security capabilities are resilient to cyber threat, through continual improvement to people, process and technology.
What you will be doing:
Why choose Curtin?
- Lead and manage the design, development and implementation of enhancements to Curtin’s operational cyber security capabilities through Cyber Security Programs, including in-flight programs and projects.
- Lead and manage the existing MSSP contract between the University and our Strategic Provider.
- Partner with DTS teams, including external vendors, to maximise the value and use of operational cyber security services that improves Curtin’s cyber security posture and maturity.
- Manage and procure external service providers to deliver on agreed statements of work.
- Monitor, oversee and provide timely reporting on suspected cyber security, ICT and information security related policies breaches.
- Provide regular reporting on Cyber Security Programs, Cyber security reports for executive and audit audiences, and the position of Curtin relevant to other publicised cyber security attacks.
- Design, plan and coordinate supported threat hunting activities on behalf of Curtin University.
- Lead the development and continual capability improvement of Curtin’s security incident monitoring and response solutions and processes.
- Ensure the design of cyber security services and solutions maximises integration and standardisation with existing systems.
- Mentor team members, providing technical oversight, advice, guidance and career mentoring.
- Provide expert technical advice to manage an environment of changing information needs and rapidly emerging technologies.
- You will have the opportunity to work for an organisation that values digital innovation to deliver learning, teaching and research excellence, positively impacting the lives of current and future generations.
- Lead a team with strong foundational knowledge where you will be given the opportunity to grow, develop and diversify your own skill set and career.
- Solve complex problems across unique systems within a large scale and diverse organisation.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
You will bring to the role:
- Extensive management expertise in cyber security operations services with certifications related to security appliance administration and/or operational security administration and incident handling (e.g. CISSP, CEH, ECIH, GCIH, SSCP) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated skills and a high level of expertise in relevant cyber security technology.
- Experience in cyber security threat and incident management.
- Comprehensive understanding of cyber security threats, issues and standards, best practice security appliance configuration or architecture.
- Demonstrated understanding of risk management methodology and process.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment as well as the ability to mentor less experienced team members.
- High level organisational skills with the ability to organise own work priorities to meet deadlines and understanding of project management methodologies.
- Well-developed communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact professionally with clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a proven ability to contribute to the planning and achievement of business outcomes.
- Previous experience in managing outsourced cyber security services (desirable).
- Membership of information security related professional associations (desirable).
Applicants must have working rights within Australia to apply for this position. It is desirable that applicants are Australian Citizens with the capability to obtain an Australian Government baseline security clearance.
What we need from you
Curtin University requires you to provide a cover letter and resume to include sufficient information and examples to allow us to assess your suitability for the role.
To apply complete the application form below, or for more information contact:
Andrea Robson – Talent Acquisition Consultant
Phone: +61 8 9266 3290
Please apply online, we cannot accept resumes sent to the above contact.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.
Click here to see all vacancies including internal
- Postal address GPO Box U1987, Perth WA 6845
Curtin University would like to pay our respect to the indigenous members of our community by acknowledging the traditional owners of the land on which the Perth campus is located, the Wadjuk people of the Nyungar Nation; and on our Kalgoorlie campus, the Wongutha people of the North-Eastern Goldfields.