Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $400 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments’ important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Manager will be responsible for overseeing the external reporting for a specified set of CPP Investments’ subsidiaries, largely in Asia and the South Pacific. The role will enhance our current “best in class” reporting to contribute to CPP Investments’ reputation of integrity through transparent disclosure of financial information to management, Board of Directors and our external stakeholders. Responsibilities include the preparation and coordination of CPP Investments’ corporate and investment holding subsidiary financial statements, processes and procedures, governance and control matters, other adhoc reporting, and special projects.
The ideal candidate will have strong accounting technical skills, preferably with investment products, and proven experience in financial statement reporting and governance practices and controls. This person will have the drive to identify the issues and have the creativity and strategic thinking to propose solutions working collaboratively with various stakeholders and partners throughout the organization. The ability to manage major cross-functional initiatives, which require influencing skills, is an asset.
- Manage direct reports in the preparation and coordination of the quarterly and annual trial balance packages and financial statements of CPP Investments’ corporate and investment holding subsidiaries including the financial statement notes in accordance with IFRS, where applicable.
- Liaise and interact with external service providers for offshore entities and external auditors, where applicable.
- Present subsidiary financial statements to the subsidiary’s Board of Directors, as requested.
- Work with the Policy group in analyzing impacts of new accounting pronouncements and assist with implementation of the required changes to the legal entity financial statements.
- Work closely with and support the Investment Structuring Management team to provide financial reporting guidance, external audit considerations, accounting guidance and internal control considerations for new legal entity structures.
- Provide leadership for the group in identifying and communicating best practices, trends, and potential process innovations in financial reporting.
Processes and Controls
- Collaborate with other finance and operation groups to streamline and improve the efficiency of booking investment, funding and intercompany transactions.
- Ensure robust documentation of financial reporting processes and controls.
- Maintain master loan agreements between legal entities.
- Special projects, cross-functional initiatives, and/or adhoc reporting as assigned.
- A professional accounting designation (i.e. CA/CPA) in good standing from a recognized North American Institute;
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in financial reporting, operations and controls; minimum 2 years’ experience in investment management, pension fund or financial services industry;
- Experience in public company reporting, controls and processes an asset;
- Strong technical accounting skills (i.e. IFRS) and the ability to quickly grasp internal controls and procedures;
- Possess a collaborative style and strong influencing and communication skills in English; Mandarin or Cantonese language skills would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team in a high performing culture, fast-paced environment and with time-sensitive deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail; and
- Exemplifies the CPP Investments’ Guiding Principles of integrity, partnership and high performance.
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments