KPMG is a leading professional services firm comprising over 174,000 professionals who work together to deliver value in more than 155 countries through in-depth industry insights in Audit, Tax & Advisory.
KPMG Global Delivery Center (GDC) is a robust global delivery platform comprising of a talent pool of 1,400+ professionals in Bangalore & Kochi. GDC provides Audit & Advisory professional services to KPMG US & Canada while complying with both regulatory and KPMG US audit Engagement Team (ET) standards. GDC provides services in various industries/sectors including Investment management, Insurance, Banking, Building Construction & Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Healthcare & Life sciences, and Consumer Markets.
By incorporating GDC into the delivery model, KPMG member firms are realizing competitive advantage through the consistent quality and efficiency, thereby enabling US and Canada audit Engagement Teams to focus on high risk audit areas.
About the position
The Audit manager should have prior experience in audit attestation domain and should have proven experience in audit service delivery. Prior team and people management skills and ability to handle stakeholder relationships are essential.
Broadly, the key responsibilities are:
- Audit service delivery – Be the leader for a group of professionals (25-45) responsible for audit service delivery and ensure timely quality audit deliverables on the work done by self and the team. The professional will build strong relationships with the US colleagues and ET (on a case by case basis), identifying areas where GDC can improve quality and increase the scope of work under the overall permissibility paradigm
- Industry focus and strategic initiatives – Be responsible for managing a large portfolio of US clients within the Insurance industry group and act as a Service Champion/Lead in shaping up GDC level strategic initiatives like Centralization/Innovation.
- People development and management – Be a performance manager for a group (10 to 15) of professionals; Play a key role in the development of the team, coach and act as a mentor for the team-members on the US industry specific areas of audit work that could be done on a remote platform
Roles and responsibilities
The manager will be predominantly responsible to –
Audit Service delivery -
- Be a coach / mentor to a team of Seniors and Associates and train them to deliver high Quality industry specific work on time and within the time estimates made and agreed with the US engagement teams.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with key KPMG US industry leaders and contacts to grow GDC business through -
- Establishing expectations of value to be delivered on the engagements worked on from GDC
- Building industry specific knowledge and capabilities within the GDC teams
- Work closely with the ET to transition new engagements and services to GDC while maintaining high quality
- Identify opportunities to standardize and optimize audit processes across a portfolio of clients and the industry to improve efficiency
- Develop an understanding of KPMG (US and specific to GDC) Quality and Risk Management procedures, and ensure these are embedded into the GDC team's work papers
- Proactively discuss audit procedures with the GDC teams, allocating right resources (wherever needed) to work and monitor performance against standards by performing continuous reviews
- For identified engagements perform high level reviews of work prepared by GDC teams with a focus on industry specific procedures and enhance conceptual clarity of GDC professionals
- Monitor and manage key industry specific Performance Quality metrics for the GDC teams
- Understand scope of GDC offerings across all lines of businesses to provide innovative solutions for engagement teams’ needs
- Demonstrate professionalism, industry competence and clarity of communication when dealing with the ET
- Provide innovative solutions and explore opportunities to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery in efficient ways
- Contribute to technical and soft-skills training to continually develop the team's skills on industry specific areas of work
Manage people –
- Be a performance manager to guide and coach GDC professionals on career advancement and provide continuous feedback throughout the performance year on their development areas
- Actively participate and lead overall performance development and feedback process at team level and at overall GDC level
- Take steps to inculcate the GDC Culture in his/her team and strategic measures to improve the overall GPS Score of the organization
Lead projects –
- On business and industry specific knowledge development initiatives at GDC
- Lead / participate in firm’s strategic initiatives and/or corporate social responsibility programs
- Improve operational effectiveness through measures of improving people utilization and generating efficiencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Qualified CA/US CPA/ACCA and minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Finance & Accounting with first division (60%)
- 5– 7 years of post-qualification experience along with strong Articleship experience from a mid-size or a Big 4 firm in case of CA OR
- Relevant audit experience of at least 7 years in case of possessing certifications other than CA
- Experience with Big 4/leading Audit firms or their shared service center would be preferred
- Experience in US Insurance (Life, Non- Life and Health) industry integrated and Non – integrated financial statement audit or auditing experience in Financial Services entities
- Knowledge of US GAAP and international auditing standards
- Excellent MS Excel skills, working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong English communication abilities (Oral & Written) and effective audit documentation skills
- Should possess strong project management,leadership,coaching counselling and supervisory skills
- Effective interpersonal, risk management, facilitation and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and quality consciousness
- High-energy, independent decision making capability with ability to manage priorities and conflicts with prioritization skills
- Be a quick learner and demonstrate adaptability to change
- Resilient and demonstrate ability to lead change by effectively building commitment and winning support for initiatives through influencing, negotiation, collaboration and relationship building skills
- Should be willing to and capable of delivering under tight timelines, basis the business needs including working on weekends/holidays
- Should be open to travel to US on short and long term assignments
- Should have a strategic bent of mind.