Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary hotels, resorts, and residences. While each property is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional cuisine, innovative spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 21 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts, with 7 in the announced pipeline, Auberge invites guests to create unforgettable stories in some of the world’s most desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn more about our Collection. Follow us on Linked In, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
Our mission is to be the best-loved manager of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. Auberge is a family of intimate, one-of-kind hotels and resorts that define an approachable style of luxury in both product and service that resonates with the curious modern traveller. Passionately local, experience-led, romantic and stylish, these hotels hum with a vibrancy that is both refined and relevant.
Settled more than 150 years ago by Bishop Jean Baptiste Lamy, this iconic Santa Fe landmark is steeped in history and has undergone a sensitive restoration to preserve its distinctive Southwestern heritage for the next generation. Guests can explore our vibrant culture of discovery and expression through nature-driven adventures, visual arts, ancient healing arts, culinary arts, and the art of gathering.
Join our team as the Executive Meetings Manager and become one of the authors of our story. As part of the Bishop's Lodge family, you will be responsible for, serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by selling and servicing our Bunkhouse bookings as well as other events as needed. You will be responsible for serving the needs of the business, our guests, and our colleagues by overseeing the planning, execution, and service of both corporate and social Bunkhouse groups, working as a liaison to clients and the hotel to create unique and memorable experiences for our guests. This is a great opportunity for someone with catering or conference services experience that wants to continue to develop their skills into a larger role.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their teammates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Banquet Event Orders - creating, updating, disseminating, and collecting signatures and payment for all BEOs associated with a Bunkhouse Group. Creating and managing a Delphi account for all revenue booking, while maintaining in-house BEOs for internal billing for concessions and promotions. Finalize the requirements of catering and group events while maximizing revenue potential through up-selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Prepare for weekly BEO and Resume review meetings.
- Reservation details - responsible for capturing all of the guest information for each of the Bunkhouse rooms- names, how many adults/kids, billing- room, and tax and incidentals. Create and track all amenity and dietary requirements for the group.
- Experiences- responsible for working with the adventure team and ensuring all wellness/spa appointments are secured, on-property and off-property adventures are secured
- Transportation- assisting and confirming with group contact
- Collecting Prepayment - creating complete cost estimates throughout the detailing process; guest rooms charges, fees, and taxes, third-party charges, activity and adventure fees, food and beverage revenue. Full prepayment will be expected, with all guaranteed, three days prior to guest arrival.
- Resume and Internal Communication - create, update, and confirm all itinerary information. Communicate all departmental needs, special notations for transportation, and adventure timelines, including any special requests and dietary restrictions. Create and manage VIP notices and amenities.
- Creating Custom Menus and Private Events - work with the Catering and Culinary Teams to create bespoke event opportunities at the guest's request, with custom menu and service options. Creating BEOs and confirming pricing and planning with Catering and Culinary Teams.
- Supervise the execution of Bunkhouse events at Bishop’s Lodge. Review all function spaces with the event team. Ensure the satisfaction of the client at the outset of all events.
- Maintaining Lead Logs and Booking Calendar - update and maintain a calendar of all upcoming bookings. Entering the information into Delphi will provide details for food and beverage, events, guest count, and guest room information.
- Forecasting - forecasting revenues for guest rooms, adventure, food, and beverage.
- Marketing - create a regular marketing feedback report on lead volume, trends, and history. Work with the sales and marketing teams to update promotions as needed, and provide feedback from guest experience to improve market position and brand awareness.
- Guest Feedback Report - create and maintain a log of guest feedback for operational and marketing purposes.
- Find solutions to the inevitable challenges and glitches that arise while groups are on the property and keep the Executive Committee promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel facilities, capacities, and dimensions of meeting space and basic operational needs of all operating departments.
- Make timely and impromptu decisions, which balance the client’s needs with the financial, safety, and staffing goals of the hotel.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all team members and guests.
- Implement all sales action plans related to the market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
- Participate in sales calls with members of the sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Present to greet all clients in advance of events, lead pre-conference introduction of the client to the team, check in with them, daily, during on-site, and be present to review the final billing and conduct post-conference interviews.
- Develop strong relationships with the property front office team and food & beverage and culinary team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
- High School Graduate
- Proven success in a similar role, prefer 2 years of Catering Sales or Conference Services experience in a luxury market.
- Experience in hotels/resorts or event planning
- Hours will flex based on event execution and site inspection requirements.
- Weekends are mandatory when events are on the property. Also, when social function site inspections will need to be conducted over weekend periods.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
Bishop's Lodge is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Bishop's Lodge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Bishop's Lodge complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Sales and Marketing
This is a management position
This is a full time position