As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
Maintenance & Reliability Manager
Who are we?
Chemours is a new kind of chemistry company driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
Who are we looking for?
The job is a great opportunity for an experienced M&R Manger. As a member of the Site Leadership Team you will manage the plant maintenance functions, provide leadership to the site maintenance & reliability staff and be responsible for optimization of processes and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a candidate with relevant experience in maintenance or operations and a strong knowhow in reliability engineering. We value people management skills and interest and skills in continuous improvement, but we also value results. Therefor we are looking for a result driven candidate with the ability to coach and develop the team. And last but not least: safety is your top priority, as it is our passion.
Below we describe some of the most important tasks that you will be working on in operations, optimization & continuous improvement and people management
- Ensuring safe work environment and making sure that company policies are being followed
- Managing the plant maintenance functions: Mechanical and Electrical & Instrumentation and reliability. Reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Managing the the front line staff supervisors for the Mechanical function and the E&I function. Facilitate organizing, planning, leading, and controlling maintenance activities.
- Overseeing and planning of M&R processes through a long term Business Plan.
- Specifying where maintenance tasks are to be performed by deploying Bill Of Materials and acting accordingly
- Pro-actively analyzing data in order to predict work and do preventive maintenance
- Meeting operational expectations, budget and timeline.
- Classifying levels of maintenance
- Tracking maintenance expenditure (in relation to business plan), making adjustments and reporting to the plant manager
- Leading the preparation and development of the maintenance budget
- Leading TAR projects
- Directing and coordinating the plant CMMS (SAP PM, MM)
- Overseeing of maintenance goals setting KPI’s, active scheduling, work performance and performance management to ensure measurable goals, proper workload distribuiton, goal satisfaction en effective staff performance management.
- Leading Root cause failure analysis as required
- Providing technical support to PHA’s
- Ensuring mainenace crafts are trained for PSM compliance
Optimization & continuous improvement
- Optimization of work preparation processes for effective and efficient utilization of manpower resources.
- Deployment of tools to identify root causes of asset/equipment failures and ensuring corrective actions are executed accordingly.
- Deployment of a continuous improvement process (e.g. gaps identification) and following up on actions.
- Creating an innovative environment by collecting departmental improvement ideas and promoting those.
- Contributing to maintaining and further developing a culture of Operational Discipline
- Changing the M&R culture by supporting local alignment, deployment and execution of vision, strategy and processes
- Providing leadership and mentoring to the site Mainteance &Reliability staff: responsible for retention, development and engagement of team.
- Engaging team in driving and setting specific goals around lean.
- Leading and facilitating contiuous improvement related workshops / tools for the team to be able to drive business results
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering / Bachelor’s degree in business complemented with proven knowledge of engineering
- Strong know how in reliabitily engineering
- Relevant experience in maintenance or operations (10+ years) and demonstrated experience in leading teams.
- Project Management skills
- Six Sigma / Lean certification with expert level knowledge of methodologies in manufacturing & business systems
- Extensive experience with TAR projects.
- Expert on problem solving using A3 thinking
- Experience in deployment of continuous improvement tools
- Preferably experience in Chemical Industry
- Experienced people manager with proven ability to coach and develop people
- Result driven
- Good verbal and written knowledge of Dutch & English
- Additional certificates like Pressure API standards; Certified Reliability professional; Certified maintenance professional are highly appreciated
What do we offer?
We encourage creativity and ownership. We try to support this with attractive compensation package and great opportunities to grow and develop yourself. Besides an excellent salary, we offer you complementary compensation such as a 13th month, bonus possibilities, 33 days of holiday and a contribution to your health insurance.
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.