Valorem Reply is seeking a Manager, Modern Application Development with extensive experience building modern applications to lead our development team. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of modern application development techniques and frameworks, and good experience using the Microsoft technology stack and modern web stack for development. He or She will manage a team of Software Engineers through the design, development and enhancement of several high-profile software applications. He or She will mentor, motivate and guide team members in enhancing their technical capabilities and increasing productivity. He or She will collaborate with Architects, Project Managers, Leads and other team Managers to ensure optimized delivery of software applications and solutions. As a technical leader, he or she will have a very strong technical background as well as extensive experience leading large and highly technical projects.
oManage a team of technical leads and developers who design and develop solutions for our customers across various platforms, including desktop, web, SaaS and mobile platforms.
oPlay the role of a Delivery Manager for key projects. Responsibilities include:
oEnsure project delivery and quality
oTake ownership of team performance and work to address issues, unblock team members, or reset expectations with executive stakeholders
oSet realistic goals based on team members, project constraints, and technical solutions
oEnsure and monitor proper process adherence
oIdentify pain points and work with leadership in mitigating the issues
oMonitor and ensure health of the project
oEnsure overall team morale/ESAT/CSAT
oProvide direct performance management of team members through 1:1 meetings, regular communication with project teams and formal performance reviews.
oGuide and oversee the professional development of team members through coaching and training. Act as a mentor, lead and coordinator.
oMaintain the applicable Microsoft competency designations for the team as part of individual and group training plans.
oCoordinate with the architect and other technical teams to define and implement the latest software technologies within the team.
oEnsure adherence to engineering methodologies, processes, standards and best practices.
oWork with the leadership to identify the technology road map/vision and bring the team up to speed on these technologies.
oBe responsible for new talent evaluation, acquisition and on-boarding.
oManage technical assets for multiple projects as a cross functional technical lead.
oAssist in new business development and pre-sales through the development of proposals, estimation, SOW’s and RFP’s.
Placement Criteria & Requirements
- 10+ years in the software industry
- 5+ years of experience leading technical teams and managing technical resources
- Extensive experience in the Microsoft technology stack
- Strong understanding and implementation of software design patterns, including: Basic OO concepts such as encapsulation and abstraction, SOLID principals such as single responsibility, dependency injection and interface driven design
- Key technical skills:
- C#, ASP.Net MVC , Web APIs, WCF, Entity Framework, LINQ
- SPA frameworks like Angular/React
- SQL Server
- Office 365
- Strong knowledge and experience with software modelling and diagramming, including: Reference Architecture, Use Case, Process Flow, Call Chain diagrams (UML or other), Entity Relationship diagrams, Logical layer, physical layer diagrams
- Strong experience with Team Foundation Server, Git and/or VSO, including source control, build and task management
- Strong experience with code reviews, source control and release management
- Interested in learning new technologies, creative, open-minded and a great team player
- Ability to instrument, profile, debug, and optimize server and client code to resolve complex issues with distributed systems
- Ability to estimate project effort with a delivery team and work diligently to meet commitments.
- Experience working on projects following Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience or knowledge of unit test methodologies is preferred
- Experience performing direct personnel management, including resource allocation, performance evaluation, and budget management
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, for both yourself and team members
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring for the personal and professional development of team members.
- Work with the leadership and individual team members to identify skill gaps and formulate training plans.
- Ability to work with diverse, global, virtual teams.
Valorem Reply Expectations
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- · All employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, to all people, regardless of level inside or outside of the company
- · Written and verbal communication skills should be professional, concise and effective
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- · Build alliances to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information
- · Work cooperatively and respectively with co-workers
- · Strong collaboration skills, works well with ambiguity, works well across roles and groups
- · Openly and actively participates in the direction of our Company
- · Exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business
- Personal Ownership and Responsibility
- · “Own” your work – take initiative, be proactive, anticipate and complete projects in a comprehensive manner while still remembering the details
- · Be here to enhance and promote Valorem Reply
- · Exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and willingness to step in to help others
- · Creativity, capacity and a conviction to innovate and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Customer Focus
- · Always put the clients’ needs first, thinking proactively from their vantage point, not your own
- · Follow through with all client expectations and accountabilities
- Time Management and Productivity
- · Meet your timelines and goals
- · When you say you are going to do something, it is your responsibility to perform within the time frame