About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
A seasoned professional responsible to lead and manage the Information Management, Business Performance Reporting & Analysis, Sales Performance Management and Scorecards for all Performance Management, and drive re-engineering of the same e2e to deliver process efficiencies and effectiveness The key requirement for the role is the ability to understand the business, design data-driven solutions to address business problems and independently manage end-to-end project communication with business partners, mentor analysts, lead by example and display a proactive learning attitude.
The Role Responsibilities
- Partner with Senior Leaders, Global Process Managers (GPM) and Stakeholders on various initiatives, in line with organization objectives
- Continually reviewing all assigned processes in order to identify opportunities for quality and process design improvement
- Ensuring total customer satisfaction by providing quality service, submitted in a timely manner and communicated effectively
- Continuous Improvement in Productivity to the standards prescribed from time to time
- Manage data & information support for all the key initiatives of business units across Retail Bank / Private Banking supporting countries & group teams.
- Participate in Projects by performing UATs as & when required (e.g. UATs on report conversion/migration due to Data-Mart enhancements).
- Work with Group SBIM team on setting up guidelines related to data security governance in line with Group Policies and monitoring/tracking the team’s compliant
- Provide guidance to Group/Country SBIM teams on matters related to data governance and solutions to enable delivery of information to stakeholders in a secured, timely and efficient manner
- Work closely with technology and Ops function and the data warehouse team on solutions to resolve identified production issues which are impacting existing infrastructure /solution covering data quality, data assurance, refresh timeliness, data security governance
- Manage the infrastructure need of the internal team
- Proactively managing /monitoring the processes around data warehouse access application, approval and user access review
- To work closely with the Project teams (Business & Technology), to review the integration of new functionality / technology implementation projects initiated and ensure that these projects are in line with the Information Management Policy requirements
- Manage analytics support for all the key initiatives of all segments/products of Retail Bank / Private Banking
- Extend analytics support spanning across entire gamut of business (Customer Acquisition, Portfolio Management, New Product Development)
- Manage analysis & reporting across all Retail products/segments / Private Banking
- Manage processes leading up to scorecard performance tracking and incentive calculation
- Interact with metrics owners across various functions and get end to end understanding of the metrics and applicability of the same across various Scorecards
- Liaise with customers on the periodic review and re-negotiation of Service Level Agreements and any other related performance and quality measures
- Upholding the Values of the Group and Company at all times
- Responsibilities include recruitment, training, mentoring, work supervision and performance appraisal
- Provide development opportunities through regular engagement, ensuring that all staff is aware of the opportunities available in order to help them succeed within their role
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong Analytical and Strategic mindset, coupled with a thorough understanding of analytics and in Banking Industry
- Ability to design and build structured processes with consensus of key leaders in the wider organisation.
- Ability to understand and connect business drivers and rationale for and application of those relevant to the Performance management processes.
- Significant experience of working with senior management team and of interfacing with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Able to quickly establish credibility when representing the Group, presenting a positive, persuasive and professional presence and have an excellent communication, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Substantial experience of banking, depth and breadth of knowledge in processes especially in the areas of analytics and related processes
- Strong ability to understand analytics and its drivers and synthesize them into meaningful analyses as required. Design analysis & interpretations as required to facilitate management decision making.
- Experience of having led large teams including senior & experienced professionals.
- A leader, a team player with the management ability and track record to secure the confidence and respect of the peers, stakeholders and the executive management team.
- Ability to culturally orient in diverse & international team environment and lead and inspire multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi task, lead through ambiguities, influence where he/she does not have direct authority & build on unstructured formative situations
- BE / B.Tech/MCA with (or) MBA / Chartered Accountant with 8+ years of hands on SAS experience, process re-engineering, and organisation Design
- Strong understanding of financial industry, specifically banking products and services and Business Intelligence tool
- Exposure in a large international Bank in driving performance effectiveness / business analytics
- Effective communication skills, including presenting and influencing senior management.
- Solid people and project management skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence others in decision making
- Relationship and stakeholder management skills is important
- Initiative and proactive thinking
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.