Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Safety and Security Manager (SSM) located in the Dublin is responsible for the Ireland & UK PayPal sites under the leadership of the International Director of Safety & Security. The SSM is required to have an on-site presence and is the primary safety and security representative for the business leaders at the sites. The SSM’s primary responsibilities are listed below. However, from time to time, the Ireland & UK SSM may be called upon for special projects.
SSM primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists with the design and management of the corporate physical security program for the Ireland & UK PayPal sites under senior management direction.
- Responsible for the development of an efficient and safe operation of the organization’s physical security operation for the site and any additional sites that may be added from time to time.
- Manages the development and implementation of access and perimeter control operational procedures, conveying and verifying security requirements.
- Manages the loss prevention and detection services and enforces administrative policies and procedures
- Works with PayPal’s Physical Security Technology team to develop and implement corrective actions to upgrade and enhance the security of the site or when alterations or additions to the site are required.
- Manages the development and enhancements of safety and security inspection procedures to prevent safety and security hazards, and ensures the proper procedures are followed.
- Monitors performance and assignments of uniformed security personnel and makes occasional inspections to ensure proper equipment, training and fulfilment of duties in compliance with organization policies.
- Oversee service technicians responsible for electronic and physical security systems, evaluates performance and procedures to minimize risks.
- Monitors and directs emergency response operational plans and related activities as required.
- Coordinates physical security administrative and operational matters with management, local law enforcement, first responders, and client/customers to ensure continuity of operations.
- Manages the safety and security activities and provides leadership direction to on site management, employees, and contingent workforce population.
- Manages the health and safety programme on the PayPal site, including required Safety Training.
- Acts as a member of the Local Event Management Team (Crisis Management)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus professional certification in study relevant to this position
- 5-6 years progressive experience in security forces, military police, or with a major law enforcement and public or private sector organizations.
- Appropriate safety qualifications.
- Experience in vendor management.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.