About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ability to work directly with unit management to participate in strategic development and growth plans for teams and organization in terms of Scrum acceptance and maturity as well as opportunities for team growth.
- Ability to work with the Agile Coach to facilitate the transformation strategy on the ground with the teams/applications prioritized under the Agile transformation roadmap.
- Require a combination of Project Management experience following Agile methodology, and clear understanding of functional flows related to Retail Banking, Corporate and Institutional Banking (“CIB”) products (Correspondent Banking, Trade Finance, Securities Services, Corporate Finance, etc…).
- Good Understanding of the Scrum framework (roles, artefacts and Ceremonies). Specifically, an understanding of the Scrum Master role and underlying values of Scrum and Agile principles is Must for this position.
- Managing Scrum artefacts (burndown charts, product backlogs, user stories in JIRA)
- Facilitates all the Agile ceremonies: Sprint Planning, Refinement, Retrospective, Sprint Review/Demo.
- Helps to configure the JIRA boards/dashboards and KPIs relevant for the underlying product/platform.
- Planning and driving release implementations, the last mile of delivery.
- Ability to accept and resolve team indicated impediments to delivery and work within the organization to remove these impediments efficiently
- Responsible for meeting overall delivery schedules and ensuring the delivered solution meets the technical specifications and design requirements
People and Talent
- People and process management skills, ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open collaborative environment.
- Monitors and nurtures a team environment focused on successful product delivery and continuous improvement while helping build a workplace that people are excited to be a part of, where success is celebrated, and gratitude is freely given.
- Ability to manage and track project risks from identification to closure and help the team to mitigate the risks using acceptable risk mitigation strategies.
- Good Understanding of product planning concepts including personas, minimal viable and minimal marketable product, product visioning and release roadmaps.
- Partners closely with the Programs/Projects lead to ensure that the delivery organization is synchronized with the Programs and Projects objectives.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Extensive change and programme management experience, ideally gained in a software / infrastructure development environment using Agile ways of Working
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Product Owner
- Agile Coach
- Agile squad
- Business stakeholders
- Program teams
- Unit Management
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in banking domain.
- 2+ years of strong experience as Scrum Master for Agile Project(s).
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile methodology.
- Certification as a Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I or equivalent) is highly preferable.
- Experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Experience in automated software testing
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience in stakeholder management. Demonstrated relationship building skills - both internal and external across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in delivering software in a regulated environment, ideally financial services based to high quality.
- Ability to deliver outcomes efficiently despite complexity and ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of risk and regulatory delivery.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.