Req ID: 51864
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Operating in 29 markets across Asia Pacific, with over 2000 local staff, serving premium top blue-chip customers in the travel industry - from travel agencies, airlines, hotels, car rentals and insurance providers. Sabre have grown our presence significantly over the years, in order to tap on the immense potential of the world’s fast growing region. Sabre’s end-to-end technologies help create a differentiated portfolio of solutions and services driven by data and insights on how travel business operates in Asia Pacific. We help our travel partners create better customer experiences, optimise business operations and enhance competitiveness. As we continue to grow in the region, our people are AND will always be our biggest asset & investment, where we continue to bring together the best talent and help them achieve their own career aspirations in a truly global company.
Sabre Enterprise Data & Analytics Bangalore, India Development team is primarily responsible for developing data and analytics software products. We are looking to hire a Manager Software Engineering to lead the teams of talented software engineers. The main role of Manager Software engineering is to lead the data and analytics team’s software engineers, helping leaders with the roadmap and strategy and accountable to deliver the software solutions on schedule time and budget. This role requires creative problem-solving skills and lead the team by the example. This role requires working closely with Sabre EDA Platform and Architecture teams and internal Sabre stakeholders.
• Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating agile data and analytics software engineering team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering software solutions that provide exceptional business value.
• Responsible to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle.
• Responsible for data and analytics software product development including but not limited to data ingestion pipeline, ETL, visualizations and APIs.
• Manage scope, schedule, quality, risks and issues.
• The Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment.
• Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
• Build and maintain operational excellence measured by KPIs, by controlling and reviewing changes going to production, finding efficiencies, process improvement, and ensuring sufficient monitoring, and alerting for potential issues.
• Manage the transformation to a DevOps model within Agile Framework.
• Operationalize Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines for systems within the team's scope
• Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support agile maturity and operational excellence.
• Guide technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
• Manages technical relationships with assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
• Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
• Document and execute software engineering and quality assurance automation standards
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Strong leadership skills working with business Units, executives, peers and team members
• Minimum 5 years of related experience in the various fields of data and analytics
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to handle multiple projects
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Self-starter with a high degree of self-management and commitment to delivery timelines
• Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analysis implications to a wide audience
• Strong skills in coding, troubleshooting and debugging
• Solid foundational knowledge of cloud technologies and their services
• Experience with Google cloud is a plus and certification is preferred
• Prior hand-on experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, R, Unix scripting etc.
• End to end knowledge of ETL & data processing technologies i.e. Talend, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica
• Knowledge of SQL queries and data warehouse
• Nice to have experience Teradata, Vertica, Google BigQuery and AWS RedShift
• Exposure to streaming technologies such as Kafka, Spark Streaming
• Experience and good understanding of travel business is a plus
Sabre Corporation is the leading technology provider to the global travel industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Sabre also operates a leading global travel marketplace, which processes more than US$120 billion of global travel spend annually by connecting travel buyers and suppliers. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre serves customers in more than 160 countries around the world.
Stay connected with Sabre Careers