- 5 years of experience in technical support engineering or similar role.
- 1 year of experience leading a technical, customer-facing team.
- Experience with distributed systems, Linux or Windows and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting Internet-based applications, web servers, data storage, commerce engines, and Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Experience with managing hosted services/Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Ability to operate in a customer focused environment and advocate for customers across a cross-functional organization.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Effective software development leadership skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
As a Manager for Technical Solutions Engineering, you'll improve our products by working cross-functionally with Product Management, Deployment and Development teams to make customers successful. You will be part of a global team that provides 24x7 support and you'll be working in a backline support role to drive resolutions for problems and inquiries that customers report. By applying your technical experience, you will develop a deep understanding of Google’s services architecture while driving enhancements towards an overall better customer support experience. Specifically, you will provide solutions and resolve escalations for Google Cloud customers, as well as advising first line support teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Lead a team of Engineers who deliver technical support across all Google Cloud Platform products, including App Engine, Compute Engine, BigQuery and more.
- Develop vision, goals and priorities and work alongside the team to accomplish them. Ensure high-quality customer service and ongoing technical skill development.
- Resolve high-profile escalations and issues, improve the customer experience and drive initiatives that increase their likelihood of success on our platform.
- Work closely with multiple Product and Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve the product. Interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive production excellence.
- Work as part of a team of engineers/consultants that globally ensure 24 hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.
Applicants to this role must have work authorization in Australia. This role is not eligible for work visa sponsorship.
You will be required to work in a Shift Pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.