We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Managing Consultant, AdvisorsOverview
At Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard, we combine traditional management consulting with Mastercard’s rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
Examples of engagements can include helping our clients (financial institutions and merchants) with business strategies, value proposition & operating model designs, in-market testing through our proprietary Test & Learn software, go-to-market strategies, marketing strategies, information and risk management, amongst others.
We provide an unrivalled employee experience through:
• Diversity of people and projects: Our teams manage multiple strategic projects and collaborate with individuals across the world, while taking leadership roles in their areas of interest
• Empowerment and Development: We provide accelerated and rewarding career paths in a fast growing consulting team within a culture of skill development
• Workplace flexibility: We value work-life balance and encourage a flexible work environment so our consultants can deliver high performance projects while enjoying our personal lives
• Innovative environment: We deliver impactful strategy and marketing engagements and develop informed recommendations, facilitated by Mastercard’s transaction data and innovative proprietary technologies
• Network of experts: Mastercard provides us with a pool of experts on payments and financial industry, which helps build high client satisfaction and development
• Opportunities beyond consulting: Grow your career in consulting, or embrace other opportunities across this global organization
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
As a Managing Consultant, you will be a trusted client business advisor, and
• Lead: client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, ensuring timely and reliable execution
• Guide: engagement teams to problem solve and discover business-focused solutions and recommendations that drive client value
• Own: mid- to senior-level client relationships and proactively engage in their agenda and internal culture
• Sell: identify cross-sell opportunities beyond your direct client work, leveraging Mastercard Advisors capabilities to design relevant solutions for your clients
Coach & Develop: your project teams to help them reach their full potential
Analyse: our client’s and Mastercard’s rich anonymised data sets to provide insightful recommendations at strategic and tactical levels
Partner: closely with our clients to help them make strategic decisions using our proprietary applications and technology, and recommendations
All About You
• Undergraduate or master’s degree or related work experience after completing your undergraduate degree in commerce/business, statistics or business analytics
• Experience in a consulting organization as a management or strategy consultant; or client success consultant in an advanced analytics Software as a Service provider
• Experience directly managing people across multiple projects
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to structure analyses into compelling stories to bring data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Experience in analytics and advanced analytical concepts – experience with SQL and other analytical coding languages will be highly regarded
• Experience in payments, banking or retail strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to own and develop relationships with both mid- and executive-level client contacts and inspire confidence in Mastercard's people, products and technologies as a sought-after partner
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, and balance thought with action while getting the most out of limited resources
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices; • Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed; • Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and • Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.