The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining safe, optimal and cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with design specifications and quality standards. Responsibilities will include the design of tooling to support manufacturing processes, manufacturing layout drawings, and developing manufacturing processes for new products. Reports to the Production Group but will work closely with design engineers to ensure manufacturability of new product designs.
- Follow Badger best practices with focus on Best Operator, Best Truck
- Set individual initiatives for performance and deadlines supporting Badger’s manufacturing goals
- Ensure compliance to Badgers safety and high service standards. Badger is a safety oriented company and it is important to use this to help develop a competitive advantage and raise the standards of the industry
- Research design and development of safe manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods, welding processes and production equipment.
- Prepares and maintains detailed layouts of facilities property, buildings, and equipment
- Prepares and maintains work instructions, set up instructions and other related process documentation for shop floor
- Supports and may lead the manufacturing launch of new products including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results
- Designs, develops, and tests tooling, machinery, and equipment for the manufacturing of truck bodies and truck mounted equipment using cost analysis to justify
- Drive continuous improvement activities applying Lean tools to achieve cost reduction, quality improvement, efficiency gains and material flow improvements
- Conduct time studies, identify capacity constraints and opportunities to improve efficiencies and reduce manufacturing costs
- Provides technical process expertise for plant, equipment, and supplier quality issues
- Prepares cap-ex proposals for new equipment and processes
- Assist quality Engineering in creating quality control plans
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor and team to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited University or Institute
- Registered as a Professional Engineer or EIT with APEGA
- 5+ years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
- CAD experience, including layouts and standardized drafting practices (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with existing manufacturing technologies including CNC equipment, welding, joining, metalworking, manual assembly, coatings, robotics, and injection molding
- Practical Lean manufacturing experience with proven success using and applying the tools and philosophy
- Ability to plan annual objectives to achieve Badger’s longer term strategic goals
- Strong project management skill, ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Strong working knowledge of common software packages (MS Office, Acrobat, etc.)
- High level of personal integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Professional/mature demeanour
You will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening, which includes criminal background check, credit check and drug and alcohol test. We also require supervisory references and education verification.
Badger Daylighting is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. We are publically traded company, listed on the TSX (‘BAD’). Badger traditionally works for contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas, power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations.
Badger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program, which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internal applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before submitting an application.