The Company: Edwards Lifesciences is driven by a passion to help patients. The company collaborates with the world’s leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives.
The Role : We are now looking to hire an experience Engineering Manager to join our growing team
• Manage project activities with the accountability for successful completion of all deliverables to the business and develop project plans and schedule, scope and objectives. Identify risk, develop mitigation strategies, alternative solutions, resolve issues, action item follow up, etc. in collaboration with cross functional groups
• Manage and/or oversee the work of assigned team within own function and/or cross functional project teams and may have some budgetary responsibilities. Develop a robust talent development plan in alignment with functional growth strategies of the department
• Lead cross-functional and/or departmental groups to develop and provide design recommendations that integrate into component(s) or product(s) with moderate complexity
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in in related field related experience in engineering Required and
Demonstrated track record in management of technical and/or engineering disciplines Required
Experience working in a regulated industry
• Proven successful project management leadership skills
• Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite and related systems
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills including high discretion/judgment in decision making
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Expert understanding of engineering procedures while addressing issues with impact beyond own team based on knowledge of related disciplines
• Expert understanding of related aspects of engineering processes and/or systems
• Knowledge of financial acumen as it relates to engineering
• Demonstrated ability to manage assigned team and provide coaching and feedback, including responsibility for all employee actions including hire/fire authority and partnering with HR on all aspects of employee relations
• Ability to influence cross-functional partners, business units, and/or sites
• Ability to develop and integrate metrics into the projects and operations that clearly demonstrate the value of engineering to the business
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Frequently interacts with subordinate production supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company; often leads a cooperative effort among members of a project team
• Participate and present at meetings with internal and external representatives
• Resolve operational and scheduling issues
• Dedicated to quality client service and pro-active and responsive to client needs.
• Develop peer, cross functional and cross business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness.
• Develop relationships and leverage them to influence change
• Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.