Position Purpose and Impact
Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain North America (CASC NA) is the division of the company dedicated to creating value for agricultural producers, specifically grain and oilseed growers in the Prairies. This division leads the industry in providing innovations in the areas of grain origination, grain marketing consulting, and crop input supplies. Professionally trained customer focus teams work one-on-one with their producer customers, building long-term relationships-striving to understand their farming business and providing distinctive solutions, matched to their unique needs.
As the Market Analyst Specialist, you will be learning to set the recommendations used by Grain Advisory Services Advisors and the Regional Grain Advisory Services Managers, in support of the Grain Advisory Services (GAS) product line, specifically the Market Sense program. You will be learning to make recommendations by reviewing market trends through the use of technical and fundamental analysis and interpret data (Stats Canada / USDA reports / agricultural news releases) as well as seek out and leverage Cargill industry experts to formulate opinions and explanations of the market direction of agricultural commodities.
You will learn to provide services to clients and Grain Advisory Services Advisors through written and verbal communication. You will be in contact with these Advisors on a weekly basis, as you learn how to recommend cash sales as well as futures and options strategies and provide technical and fundamental advice, hedging theory and trading strategies.
As the Market Analyst Specialist, you will learn to write the customer grain marketing reports, daily commentaries, video podcasts and market flashes and will participate on an 'as required' basis in customer seminars. Key Accountabilities
35% - Learn to do Analysis using technical and fundamentals of Grain Markets
35% - Learn the Communication/Development of market reports with recommendations for customer grain marketing strategies
20% - Learn how to Support the development of Grain Marketing Advisors in the use of Cargill Specific Grain Marketing Software programs
10% - Participation in customer seminars
• Related Post-secondary education or relevant related work experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience, specialized knowledge of grain futures, options and commodity markets
• Comfortable with current technology communication
• Strong analytical skills and ability to identify market trends.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate complex subject matter in a simplified manner to customers with the ability to explain their reasoning for their recommendation.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with a strong customer service focus.
• Attention to detail to create and maintain complex excel spreadsheets, presentations and document templates.
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Proven execution and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and think differently.
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill Canada on a non-temporary basis. Hiring Manager Preferred
• Excellent comprehension of Cargill's Risk Management Tools.
• Consulting experience.
• Strong sales aptitude.
• Good knowledge of agricultural production and farm management.
• 2+ years previous experience in merchandising or as a market analyst.