Assists with the creation, development, coordination, and implementation of the College’s marketing, advertising, public relations and community relations programs to ensure the College’s community, regional, state, and national presence.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with coordination and sustainment of all aspects of internal and external communications, including news media relations, a diverse array of print/electronic publications, website and social media initiatives.
• Assists with planning, coordination and implementation of the College’s marketing, advertising, public relations and community relations programs to parallel the goals and mission of the College.
• Assists with establishment, nurturing and maintenance of positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assists with arrangement and preparation of personnel for print and broadcast media interviews.
• Conceives and executes a vision for photographing student life events/activities, academic programs, meetings, special events, campus physical spaces, structures, architectural and historical details, college wide and community events for use in publications, ad campaigns and social media channels.
• Assists with the scheduling and coordinating photo shoots.
• Schedules and coordinates photo shoots.
• Collaborates with marketing team to select appropriate images for use in college publications and social media channels.
• Composes correspondence, media messages, articles, press releases, announcements, presentations and other oral/written communications to meet the College’s outreach needs.
• Assists with the implementation of marketing plans.
• Assists with the design and production of all print and electronic marketing materials such as brochures, posters, flyers, television, radio, Internet and social media ads that are produced in-house.
• Enhances quality of digital images to prepare them for publication in print or digital media.
• Assists in the identification of appropriate students, faculty, staff, community members and locations for assigned photo shoots.
• Assists in the production of multimedia presentations that include audio, video and still photography, for online environments, including websites and social media.
• Archives images in a digital repository to make them easily retrievable and searchable by category, word search, etc.
• Assists with the coordination of College events.
• Serves as a liaison with the media, vendors and the College’s various departments.
• Assists with development of scripts for television, radio and Internet ads.
• Assists with community and alumni relations.
• Participates in community and social events that promote the College.
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite.
• Completes duties and responsibilities in compliance with college standards, policies and guidelines.
• Uses interpersonal skills and makes sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students and customers.
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored by Texas Southmost College (TSC).
• Supports the values and institutional goals as defined in the College’s Strategic Plan.
• Working hours may include evenings, holidays or weekends depending on deadline requirements and special events.
• Reports to the Director of Marketing & Community Relations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A strong commitment to the mission of the College.
• Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices and ethics of public and media relations; media relations; print, electronic and miscellaneous media requirements for bilingual advertising and publicity; and graphic design, type and layout for publications.
• Working knowledge of PC environments and technology trends in the marketing/public relations fields.
• Working knowledge of or ability to learn graphic design software.
• Working knowledge of social media platforms and ability to implement social media campaigns.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan and implement all aspects of large scale events.
• Ability to be creative, perform independently, take initiative and follow-through with assignments.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with students, College employees and the public.
• Demonstrated organizational skills in handling, directing and prioritizing multiple and complex assignments and projects.
• Skill in working effectively in a team environment with a customer service focus.
• Ability to communicate with internal and external constituencies in a professional manner, including articulating the College’s message with clarity and enthusiasm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; and effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
• Proficiency with use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education and experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a concentration in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field, and/or media setting.
• Technical and creative knowledge in DSLR camera operation.
• Demonstrated experience in graphic design using Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and InDesign software.
• Demonstrated experience in handling and prioritizing multiple job assignments simultaneously.
None required.Certificates and Licensures
None required.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Please note: Official transcripts are only required if recommended for hire.
Official transcripts shall be sent directly from the issuing institution to the College District’s Office of Human Resources and must include documentation of all credit earned, including the education requirements that specifically qualifies the applicant for the position. The address to send all transcripts is:
Texas Southmost College
Office of Human Resources
80 Fort Brown, Tandy 105
Brownsville, Texas 78520
For eTranscripts please use email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College District recognizes equivalent credits and degrees earned from foreign universities. The equivalency shall be determined by translation and evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For more information please visit: [...]
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).