Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global manufacturer of forest products, including lumber, paper, packaging and a global leader of high purity cellulose, a natural polymer commonly found in cell phones, computer screens, filters and pharmaceuticals. With manufacturing operations in the U.S., Canada and France, Rayonier Advanced Materials employs approximately 4,200 people and generates approximately US$2 billion of revenues.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 86 years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
ROLE: How you contribute to RYAM
Providing engineering services for Newsmill operations with a focus on reducing manufacturing costs while maximizing uptime and maintain product quality.
COMMITMENTS: What it means to work at RYAM
- Live up to RYAM’s values, principles and guidelines.
- Bring an open and cooperative attitude to your job, contributing to our positive work environment.
- Comply with all health, safety and environmental standards, as well as applicable regulations and laws.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: What RYAM expects you to do
- Promote and provide a safe workplace, seek improvements, support Health & Safety Program.
- Maintain a communications program to keep employees informed.
- Support compliance with collective agreement and sound union/management/employee relations.
- Work collaboratively with planners, supervisors and other members of the Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Report to Supervisor - Engineering.
- Manage and lead projects and studies assigned, and provide project assistance as required, with a focus on achieving the lowest possible costs.
- Ensure projects deliver the desired benefits while meeting budgets, delivering the desired process functionality and respecting project schedules.
- Manage projects so they comply with all guidelines, regulations and laws regarding safety and the environment.
- Follow internal procedures and controls for engineering and construction activities (including funding) and provide sound documentation for use in future maintenance and operating projects and plans.
- Prepare and complete capital expenditure projects in conformance with CPA guidelines and controls.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of engineering files, equipment and procedures.
- Advise and recommend changes or opportunities to operating costs.
- Report and explain deviations from planned activities.
- Recommend changes/improvements to the maintenance management system and standards to the Mechanical Supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: What you bring to our workplace
- Education: University Degree in Mechanical Engineering; College diploma may be considered.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in an industrial setting.
- Bilingual: An asset