NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
Do you have an interest in Simulations in the Semiconductors Industry, and would like to broaden your knowledge and bring it into practice?
Are you eager to learn and able to work both independently and in teams?
As an industry leader in the ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) test-board processing, the Global Hardware Enablement and Hardware Centre of Excellence offers a broad portfolio of test-embedded solutions on a global level. Its scalable portfolio spans from high-performing, multi-site test applications from ultra-low-power up to very high current and from DC up to Radar frequencies.
The portfolio offers the highest level of integration of component use and mechanical implementations. These products are key enabler for the expansion of NXP industrial, automotive, medical and commodity markets.
This internship is about the creation of a “state-of-the-art” simulation mechanical model used in NXP, based on an existing demo setup consisting of a current development load/test board.
- Develop a mechanical simulation model for Industrial load/test boards, docking Hardware, stiffeners and all kind of test-hardware parts (Mechanical designs) to have an optimized contact and docking under various of temperature conditions.
- Evaluate, and evaluate the model to improve the test-tools getting robust test production /industrialized conditions.
- Advice probe and final test process developers and technology owners for the internal Business Leads with their New Product requirements
- Understand the industrial test requirements and translate these into the development of Mechanical Process FMEA based on the evaluation of the simulation model
- Reporting to the Global Hardware Enablement group and Hardware Standardization Meeting with a Strong focus on standardization
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to develop your skills (technical, soft skills, communication, etc.)
- Gaining experience in a multinational and diverse environment
- Working on real assignments which contribute to NXP’s objectives
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering and experienced in the Semiconductor technology.
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Front End and Back End (assembly) processes
- Good knowledge of Semiconductor standards
- Real team player, innovation skills, strong personality
- Structural way-of-working and good (inter-cultural) communication skills required
- Initiative, open minded and flexible person
- Proven experience in mechanical engineering
- Working experience with failure mode & effect analysis, project management
- Hands-on experience with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools (FEA, ProMechanica or similar)
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner. (speaking and writing)
The duration of the internship will be a minimum of 6 months (20 weeks), 40h/week. Please note that in order to be considered for an internship/working student position, you need to be registered as a student during the entire period.