Reasons could include the position has been filled or the company is not accepting new applicants.
Provides delegated components of nursing care to patients including monitoring, specimen collection, psycho-education, assistance with activities of daily living and behavior management in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and practice.
• Assumes personal responsibility for maintaining professional development and practice, any certification or credentialing, and education.
• Observes and monitors patient’s status according to patient monitoring standards, policies and procedures. This includes completion of vital signs, weight log, intake and output, dietary intake, rounds sheets, behavioral rounds sheets), narrative logs and admission checklists or other progress or milieu notes. Reports patient complaints of pain or other concerns in a timely manner. .
• Provides verbal and written input to nursing staff via ongoing reporting and end of shift report so patient’s needs and care can be prioritized.
• Demonstrates proficiency and skill in providing care to patients; orienting to unit, transport; de-escalation; teaching of coping skills, conflict resolution, problem solving skills; specimen collection; assistance with activities of daily living; admission & discharge procedures, response to codes; use of SCM techniques.
• Demonstrates effective on-going observations and evaluation of patient/family response to the interventions; reports changes in condition to the nurse assigned.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead patient psycho-educational groups on the unit as well as provide care in a manner that is consistent with Personal Intervention Plans used on the specialty units.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
• High School or GED, 60 college credit hours in a social services field or Bachelor’s degree in social services field.
• Healthcare Provider/Basic Life Support required.
• Able to complete Safe Crisis Management and perform Safe Crisis Management techniques required.
Experience (required and preferred):
• 2 years of social services experience with 1 year in direct patient care experience required.
• If 60 college credit hours, 1 year of direct patient care experience required.
• If Bachelor’s degree in social services field, direct patient care experience preferred