DSLAM PROFILE / MIGRATION ENGINEER
Looking for an exciting career in telecom? Our client is looking for talented telco professionals to join their team:
We are Bold Business a US-based leading solutions company in the telecommunications industry. We are always on the look-out for talented individuals to join our team. In order to provide extraordinary solutions to our customers, we need to work with extraordinary people to create and deliver them, people like you.
We are looking for a high energy “TELCO Core Engineer” that is responsible for the security, design, performance of networks, and the integration of all telco-grade services and devices in a Work from Home set up.
Please, familiarize yourself with Bold Business:
• Access & Configuration of Telco equipment such as Core router, Access Switch, DSLAM & OLT’s
• Performs provisioning of DSLAM, Routers, Switches and OLT’s for new profile settings
• Include hardware testing, confirmation of a good working circuit, assigning IP addresses, provisioning configuration on equipment
• Coordinates with field technicians to setup test services to confirm sites are functioning normally.
• Create migration workbook & cut sheet prior to migration
• Responsible for development and compliance of engineering standards including documentation
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer science, Information System or any related area of study
• Experience working in DSLAM and Routers (e.g. Nokia 736X series DSLAMs, Calix E and C series DSLAMs, Adtran TA series, Nokia & Cisco MPLS Switches, Juniper E and MX Series Routers)
• Experience working in Optical System (e.g. Ciena, Infinera or Coriant) and other Optical/CWDM/DWDM platforms
• Experience with Data Networks including routing and switching & VLANs, S-tags, profile management, grooms, and migrations.
• Understand engineering/analysis/design discipline and methodology
• Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and decision-making skills
• Excellent project management skills and a strong ability to prioritize, customer-oriented
• Certification is an advantage (Cisco, Juniper, etc.)
• Ability to support the Work From Home/ Work at Home set up