Position at GroupM
Overview of job
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the tactical media plan and its proper implementation, working to implement the brand’s overall media strategy in the context of changing marketplace conditions and opportunities.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate - Digital
3 best things about the job:
- This position affords the opportunity to work for a globally networked client which uses a very robust proprietary marketing-oriented planning framework.
- This client is a leading innovator in the industry and thirsty for market-first innovations.
- Ability to further your career in markets other than Philippines.
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Demonstrate understanding of the client using data to gain insight on business challenges. You will also be up to speed with the competitor landscape for the client's industry.
In six months:
- Be the person whom the client goes to for day-to-day digital insight and activities. Begin to propose ideas and activities to answer identified challenges.
In 12 months:
- Mentor and handle performance appraisal for team and lead projects independently.
What your day job looks like at GroupM:
- Client servicing, relationship management and demonstrating digital leadership & expertise across brands.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client businesses and ensure digital strategies align with brands & corporate business objectives and needs.
- To plan and develop ideas for “media first” innovations and build capability in strategy.
- Be unafraid to push back, be bold and stand your ground in terms of ideas internally and externally.
- Collaborate with core planning & implementation teams to ensure optimal integration of digital solutions in the overall brand plans, and ensure deployment of best-in-class digital implementation across brands.
- Grow team’s digital capabilities and develop strategic plans for all the key brands.
- Work closely with the core team on all the reports, digital trainings/workshops.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in developing and implementing various digital strategies.
- Experience in managing both small and large media budgets.
- An independent, self-driven and responsible individual, with multi-tasking and decision making abilities.
- Significant proven experience of working with multiple stakeholders, e.g. suppliers, advertising/marketing agencies, media owners.
- Detailed awareness of the digital industry, industry trends, consumer trends, market status and competition.
- A depth of understanding of the digital industry and consumer's online media habits
- Minimum 3 – 4 years work experience in business consultancy, market research/analytics or a strategic planning role, of which at least 3-4 years have been spent working on media/communications planning related business. Media agency experience optional but working knowledge of media planning required.
We were born in Asia in 1997 and for more than 20 years our values of Speed, Teamwork and Provocation have guided us in a world where everything is media. We are the Cannes Lions Media Network of the Year 2019 and WARC Media 100 #1 Media Network 2020, with the top 3 most creative campaigns in the world for the past year. In Asia Pacific we have been Campaign Asia’s Media Agency Network of the Year every year since 2015 and we are also Performance Agency of the Year.
Our 10,000 people work with some of the world’s best brands and companies to accelerate their growth. In 116 offices across 86 countries we integrate brand and demand, ruthlessly focus on outcomes and create the unexpected. We manage $24bn in billings and are the largest media agency in GroupM, WPP’s Media Investment Management arm, which is the #1 media holding group globally with billings of $63bn (Source: COMvergence 2019 ).
Hear our stories (and join us) at www.mindshareworld.com and follow us at: WeChat ID: Mindshare China; Instagram and Twitter: @mindshare ; Facebook: facebook.com/mindshare and Linkedin: LinkedIn.com/company/mindshare .
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth.
It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years. With a population of 108m and where the internet penetration is predicted to hit 50% in 2017, coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint makes it an exciting place for media players and talent to be.