Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you someone who thrives in a role that engages both your analytical, problem solving and client focus approach? Do you enjoy building relationships and offering financial solutions to help clients achieve their broader financial goals?
Our Manulife Bank team has an immediate opportunity for a Manulife Bank Mortgage Specialist supporting Ontario/Atlantic Canada.
As a Mortgage Specialist, you will be responsible for selling Manulife Bank financial solutions directly to clients and in collaboration with financial advisors. This is a rewarding work from home opportunity!
Who are we looking for?
You are a consultative and engaging ambassador for our Bank products who knows how to get things done while maintaining and fostering meaningful relationships. You add value by bringing your banking knowledge into the regional marketplace and helping others understand that managing money doesn’t need to be complicated.
Your exceptional ability to build relationships and provide an excellent customer experience will be beneficial as you:
• 35% - Sell and promote Manulife One, Manulife Bank Select and associated lending solutions such as credit cards and creditor mortgage insurance to new clients referred to Manulife Bank from advisors or through your own self-originated consumer direct client base
• 30% - Ensure seamless receipt and packaging of all required mortgage documents from clients to ensure timely, efficient, accurate flow of business to the appropriate servicing unit for approval;
• 20% - Work with existing Manulife Bank clients to transfer their Manulife Bank mortgage to a new property or increase their borrowing limit
• 10% - Partner with other banking representatives to build advisor interests in Manulife Bank products and solutions;
• 5% - Act as a conduit for feedback from the field by identifying ideas for improving existing products and services and new product opportunities;
Special Condition: Travel may be required to fully service some mortgage client sales.
• Fluently Bilingual in English and Mandarin and/or Cantonese
• Solid underwriting experience with residential mortgages (3-5 years)
• 5 or more years of financial services experience is preferred or in a sales/service capacity;
• Proven consultative sales capability – including establishing a relationship with the client, conducting needs analysis and presenting solutions with strong closing and servicing skills;
• Aptitude for learning and utilizing technology for business purposes;
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to translate complex technical issues and business definitions into concepts and procedures readily understood and accessible to a general audience;
Analytical and decision-making skills;
• Effective change management and organizational skills to manage fluctuating workloads;
• Excellent customer and relationship management skills;
• Highly developed influencing and negotiation skills.
• Valid driver’s license and a vehicle.
If you have a passion for sharing knowledge, providing advice and offering support with a focus on providing unique customer solutions, we want to meet you!
We offer competitive base compensation and performance incentives, comprehensive benefits package, training and ongoing coaching and corporate support.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.