About the Sanofi Business Unit
Ablynx, a Sanofi company, is engaged in the development of Nanobodies, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments , which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx advances a portfolio of Nanobody-based therapeutic programs in several major disease areas, including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology and oncology .
About the Opportunity :
- You will lead the Ablynx’ research activities of a Nanobody drug discovery project from M0 to M2.
- You will lead an interdisciplinary team, sourced from multiple line functions within Ablynx and is together with the TA project head and project manager responsible for defining the project strategy in line with company vision proposing annual priorities for the project aligning the organization for the flawless execution of the strategy.
- As NRP Project head you may lead multiple projects simultaneously depending on their complexity and stage.
- Internal Contacts: with supervisor, senior management, governance bodies, and team members from the different Sanofi platforms and Therapeutic areas.
About growing with us :
In this role you will have the following responsibilities :
Strategic leadership - together with the Therapeutic Area project head, coordinates the activities of an interdisciplinary team to:
- Define the project goals (scientific, clinical, regulatory and commercial).
- Oversee the entire plan towards successful delivery on goals.
- Define the optimal research strategy and plan, including risk management in line with company strategy and vision.
- Present the defined strategy and plan to, and seek timely endorsement from, the governance bodies by pro-actively managing relevant stakeholders to ensure swift decision-making.
- Successfully execute the approved project plan by identifying the project needs, aligning the organization, managing stakeholders, identifying and bringing to resolution issues impacting the strategy and plan, and pro-actively monitoring the project’s critical path.
- Assist IP in defining the patent strategy and drafting patent applications.
- Prepare a budget and resource forecast.
- Track and document project progress.
- People management.
Define project-related goals & objectives to be shared across the team:
- Motivate and support team members to ensure an optimal and smooth functioning of the team.
- Mentor and guide team members.
- Provide performance feedback on team members to line directors Manage stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and timely communication and information flows between the project, the different platforms, senior management and, if applicable, external partners.
- Together with the TA head, lead the preparation and presentation of the project deliverables and progress.
- Present at scientific conferences.
Qualifications/ Education & Work experience :
- Able to develop rapidly a good understanding of the Nanobody platform, the science and technology behind the platform and understands the R&D process at Ablynx and Sanofi.
- Solid knowledge of drug discovery and/or drug development and project management; a significant experience in a research setting preferred.
- Able to develop rapidly a high-level knowledge of the therapeutic target, the disease indication, and the commercial, competitive and IP landscape within the context of the project.
- Has preferably a strong background in immunology.
- Strong leadership capabilities in a matrix organization.
- Business awareness: appreciates the requirements for successful commercialization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Helicopter perspective and insight.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Sense of urgency.
- Ability to identify key issues, able to solve problems and propose solutions.
- Project champion, willing to challenge current status, driver of success.
- First degree in a scientific discipline; advanced degree such as PhD, MSc preferred; Project Management Certification an advantage.
- Relevant industrial experience in a research or development setting.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
This is our Sanofi. Discover yours.
Link to Career page https://www.sanofi.com/en/careers/
Own your future. Make your move!
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.