The Network & Security Solutions Engineer is accountable for infrastructure design, delivery , maintenance and support of On-Premises Networks and Cloud AWS Networks, including security environment.
The role is divide into two keys function, first to support the daily operation of Euronext business, contributing to the stability, resilience and quality improvement of the infrastructure, second to work as a Solution architect for Network and Security areas, designing and implementing new projects.
The Network and security Solutions Engineer provides second and third line support of all network and Security solutions for Euronext. This includes carrying an important voice on aspects of implementation, testing, performance and operation.
The network & Security Solutions engineer participates in the Network and Security technology design and conceptualisation in collaboration with the others teams contributing to the improvement of the IaaS model.
- Lead the maintenance of network and Security solutions to enable effective management of business and technical requirements for all corporate and Data Centre networks.
- Manage third party suppliers for operational effectiveness and to influence design decisions to ensure maximum business benefit is obtained from the network infrastructure.
- Own the operational vendor relationships
- In charge of the provisioning and maintenance to all areas to ensure appropriate Network solutions and controls in the infrastructure environment
- Manage the maintenance of the infrastructure environment with standardised process and automatized tools.
- Provision Solutions with detailed and High Level and Low Level Design documentation with subsequent liaison with other teams team members.
DevOps (implementation of Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment),
Provide innovative solutions to enable industrialization, improve productivity, efficiency and time-to-market
- Ownership and maintenance of network and Security monitoring platform.
- Network and Security instrumentation requirements
- Provide second and third line support for all Euronext network infrastructure -> Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Work with front-line support team to increase networking skillset in the team
- Ensure standard operating procedures are up-to-date.
Validate incidents and requests that are being escalated to the Infrastructure Team.
The applicant is expected to have the following skills and experience on appointment:
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in similar functions.
- Detailed knowledge of Firewall technology and how to apply them in a service oriented enterprise environment.
- Ability to work in a self-sufficient manner seeking guidance when real obstacles occur.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with others on both an ad hoc and project team basis, across organizational boundaries.
- Graduate Engineering Degree and/or several years in depth experience of network implementation and operation.
- Devops Oriented mindset
- Network trace analysis skills in critical and complex environments
- Network and Security Design capabilities
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks.
- Experience with Cloud Network and Security Implementations (AWS Oriented)
- English speaking and writing
- Change Management process experience (ITIL)
- In depth knowledge of Checkpoint products
- In depth knowledge with Fortinet products (Fortigate & Fortimanager)
- Knowledge of operating systems and their TCP/IP stacks
- Experience with Netscaler products
- Experience with RSA SecureID products (2FA)
- Experience with Bluecoat products (SG)
- Experience with AWS technologies (VPC, WAF, Gateways, other serverless products)
- Familiar with Pulse Secure SSL products
- Familiar with WAF Technologies and proven experience in critical exposed environments
- Familiar with DDoS Solutions
- Familiar with IDS and IPS.
- Familiar SIEM architecture and usage.
- Understanding of Data Centre Infrastructure, such as structured cabling, power distribution, cooling.
- Knowledge of common services, DNS/NTP/DHCP etc.
- Use of network probes and monitors.
- Experience with Git, Jenkins
- Experience of scripting languages such as CloudFormation, Python and Perl
- Network Management and configuration systems (Nagios, Riverbed).
• We respect and value the people we work with
• We are unified through a common purpose
• We embrace diversity and strive for inclusion
• We value transparency, communicate honestly and share information openly
• We act with integrity in everything we do
• We don’t hide our mistakes, and we learn from them
• We act with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
• We are adaptable, responsive and embrace change
• We take smart risks
• We are positively driven to make a difference and challenge the status quo
• We focus on and encourage personal leadership
• We motivate each other with our ambition
• We deliver maximum value to our customers and stakeholders
• We take ownership and are accountable for the outcome
• We reward and celebrate performance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, age, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other legally protected factor. We value the unique talents of all our people, who come from diverse backgrounds with different personal experiences and points of view and we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect.
This job description is only describing the main activities within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to add more tasks, projects.