Network and Security Engineer
Network and Security Engineer
Join SYNCREON as a Network and Security Engineer in Dublin where you will be responsible to establish and maintain a global network security posture by building resilient and secure networks, troubleshooting network and security focused problems, maintaining system reliability through consistent patching and maintenance, and being able to multitask. If you are the experienced Network and Security Engineer that we are looking for, we invite you to apply!
Job Essential Functions
* Must have worked with a large company configuring and managing the cisco routing, switching and firewall and Intrusion Prevention systems (IPS) and understand the complexities of managing multiple internet domains within international regions.
* Strong knowledge on networking protocols specifically TCP/IP, UDP, VLAN, LAN/WAN. OSI model, DNS, TLS, etc.
* Key requirement is to manage and maintain the company firewalls and IPS systems with focus on alerts and vulnerability management.
* Capable of working and integrating with other teams to identify specific vulnerabilities and mitigate any threats.
* Proactively work to continuously improve the security posture of the company through continuous review of processes and procedures and recommending upgrades and improvements including escalations to improve this where necessary.
* Work with InfoSec team on identifying threats from SIEM and other Logs gathered across all IT infrastructure and recommend improvements as and when necessary.
* Experience with carrying out internal and external vulnerability management against network resources.
* Implement system changes for security and compliance as defined by compliance and security team.
* Work with Compliance and Audit team as required on behalf of Networks team.
* 2^nd /3^rd level support to production Support and Branch office IT personnel on network related issues.
* Be responsible for creating and implementing a patching program that is aligned with IT SLAs.
* Needs to perform system upgrades; install OS, maintenance releases, critical fixes, and service packs; assist with application upgrades, installations and systems monitoring.
* Works with members of other IT groups, peers, and management to solve systems-related issues for internal and external customers.
* Define, create, and deliver documentation - hardware/software configurations, change control, downtime/availability, problem/resolution, procedures, resource usage, etc.
* Work with InfoSec team to ensure integration of support across Firewall, IPS and security environments.
* Willingness to devise creative solutions to solve complex problems and issues.
* Perform consistently and contributes beyond the assigned tasks.
* Quantity and quality of work. To work with their team and internal and external customers, to maintain their technical skills to match future requirements of the position.
* Provides technical recommendations to client systems administrators and application owners.
* Responsible for maintaining a watch on cybersecurity advisories through continuous monitoring of cybersecurity CSIRTs, blogs and sites and informing management about security events as soon as possible.
* Responsibility to prioritize tasks with input from managers and senior technical support engineers.
* Manages multiple tasks, reports progress and meets assigned deadlines.
* Maintains detailed implementation documentation and updates as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience, combined with 5+ years of experience installing and configuring networks and security environments.
* Must have worked with a global sized company configuring and managing the cisco routing, switching, IPS and firewall systems and understand the complexities of managing multiple internet domains within international regions.
* Experience working with Network Vulnerability Assessment solutions and reviewing the reports and remediating accordingly.
* Experience in managing and configuring IDS/IPS systems, ideally Cisco IPS.
* Solid Understanding of SIEM technology (ideally Splunk) and other Log Management solutions.
* Solid experience working with scripting languages in particular Python.
* Experience working with Vulnerability Management solutions ideally Nessus or Qualys.
* Experience in manually testing network-based vulnerabilities and testing network services, as part of internal/external penetration test validation.
* Experience patching network devices and validating results, true/false positives.
* Experience in managing remote authentication solutions e.g. DUO/OKTA and solid understanding authentication protocols.
* Strong experience with Windows/Linux OS with solid command line skills.
* Strong troubleshooting and customer service skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work and manage in a team environment effectively.
* Previous experience following change management and change control processes.
* CCNP Security certification preferred.
In this role you will be expected to work out of hours if required. This specific role also requires the engineer to work weekends as required to facilitate the patching and upgrade of systems. These days worked will be compensated with days back that same week. In the event of a major security incident you will be expected to be available to support during and out of hours.
Travel: Up to 20% travel annually maximum.
At syncreon we are fully committed to the health and safety of our employees. We have full prevention and mitigation processes in place, including cleaning and sanitization practices, as well as screenings, masks and social distancing. syncreon complies with national, state and local orders.
syncreon offers exciting and challenging roles within a growing international organization. We strive to hire and develop the right people, locally and globally; stimulating personal growth and self-development within an informal atmosphere. We offer a market competitive compensation package.
syncreon delivers tailored, progressive and scalable solutions to premier global automotive and technology brands, such as Jaguar Land Rover, Harley Davidson, BMW, Dell, Xerox and Canon. We supply 3PL and 4PL solutions that adapt as quickly as industry and the marketplace evolve. For over 60 years syncreon has provided unique and innovative expertise in providing highly integrated, warehousing management, inbound to manufacturing, reverse and repair, export packing, aftermarket services, fulfilment services and transport. Today we have 14,000+ employees working in 100+ locations worldwide who enjoy our supportive culture, dedication to work-life balance, people development and superb career opportunities. For more information, visit www.syncreon.com.
Candidates chosen to move forward within the Recruitment Process, may be required to undergo an assessment and/or submit further background information. Any offers of employment may be conditional on completion of required checks and provision of relevant documentation, in accordance with the applicable local legislation.