The Senior Network Engineer acts as a subject matter expert providing IT managed services to internal global customers. The incumbent establishes and cultivates highly successful relationships with our business units, technical implementation teams, management and vendors. The engineer implements solutions and operates independently on complex assignments. The position involves the analysis of both business and regulatory requirements, as well as the analysis of the individual technical implementations to maximize benefit to the business.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of breadth and depth of expertise across multiple network service disciplines. The engineer will have practical real-life experience solving very complex problems while maintaining patience and professionalism in the most critical moments. As a technical subject matter expert you will mentor network engineers, review existing and implement new solutions to meet business objectives.
The Senior Network Engineer manages network devices through the entire product lifecycle. This role will configure and maintain network services to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security. The incumbent will build and deploy new hardware, configure and manage Firewalls, Switches, Routers and Routing Protocols on premises and in the cloud. The incumbent will act as an internal team escalation point for systems requests and issues. Travel up to 25% maybe be required based on project needs.
- Ensures the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability through best practiced design and implementation.
- Enforces application and system configuration standards through documentation and automation for lower-level support teams.
- Translates high-level design documentation into low-level system design for implementation
- Performs advanced technical analysis and recommends IT systems purchases and upgrades as needed.
- Provides project coordination and writes documentation for technology implementations.
- Tracks issues and business requests, and conducts research on broad-based solutions and new features that meet customer needs.
- Provides third level technical support of core systems and business applications. Often requires management/coordination of external and internal subject matter experts.
- Investigates & diagnoses problems in assigned trouble tickets, as well as identifies and implements solutions. Communicates resolution back to team members and the customer.
- Writes scripts/programs to automate builds, network deployments, patching and maintenance, configuration updates, access provisioning, and other administration functions.
- Builds systems per specifications to meet availability and performance targets as outlined in service level agreements with business owners.
- Reviews network performance data and makes suggestions to improve overall performance, as well as forecasts future system needs based on trends.
- Follow all set procedures and policies pertaining to the Change Management system.
- Mentor junior team members
- 3-5 years' of applicable CTI experience and DC buildout or small IDF closet buildout for remote offices in a large scale telephony environment
- 3-5 years' experience working in a Call Center environment using applications such as Contact Center Recording, Workforce Management, Email management, Outbound Dialer
- Hands-on experience with VoIP roll out and Cisco UCCE, IPIVR Scripting, Cisco Unified Communication System architecture
- Cisco Routers, Switches, UCS, SD-WAN
- Ethernet, IP routing and redundancy protocols including CoS, VLANS, SVI, HSRP/VRRP/MLAG, STP, 80
- QoS and policy based routing, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, PBR, route redistribution, multicast audio over IP networks
- LAN, WAN and WLAN related troubleshooting with monitoring tools (WireShark, PRTG, Solarwinds Orion NCM or equivalent SNMP and NetFlow Servers, Cisco Prime, Kiwi Syslog)
- Firewalls/ACL/Encryption/VPN technology - Cisco ASA, CheckPoint,PAN, and associated protocols (IPSEC/GRE) and secure proxy functions
- Cloud networking (Azure/AWS)
- Circuit knowledge (DS3, DS1, T1, T3, Ethernet, MLPPP, SIP, and MPLS)
- TACACS, NAC
- Wireless LAN implementations, including access points, controllers, wireless protocols, and bandwidth optimization
- Required knowledge & skills would typically be acquired through a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field plus 8+ years of related experience.
- Industry specific training and designation is a plus (CCNP and Higher preferred)
Arch Global Services offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what’s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company. We also have a little fun along the way, check out our Holiday Party.