DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit dxc.technology.
DXC Connect provides IT managed services and solutions that help our customers do things faster and smarter and provide them with sustainable competitive advantage. We help customers to take advantage of the key technology trends that are shaping the business landscape and get ready for what comes next.
Due to significant growth within the ANZ region and in Western Australia, our team are looking to bring onboard Network Engineers (junior-senior) Solution Consultants as well as Architects to support new and existing business within our professional services delivery group.
- Design – The network engineer will work closely with the other disciplines to ensure the overall solution will work to the customers business requirements.
- Network Changes – be involved in the planning and perform network changes to customer data networks during or after business hours. These will sometimes be done in conjunction with DXC Project Management, in which close liaison with the PM will be required. In other cases, the Network Engineer will be responsible for the rollout of a solution including the related network changes.
- Support - Provide network support to customers via both remote support tools and onsite as required.
- Presales activity which includes scoping and quoting all data networking and security products and services in the DXC Data Networking portfolio. Engage with sales team which include presentations, design sessions and translating customer business requirements to technical solutions.
- Assist with the delivery of professional services in network design, commissioning, auditing including wireless audits when required.
- Be available to work On-Call and After-Hours as required.
- Work with staff/vendors to test problems and come up with solutions, fixes, patches etc.
- Verify the conformity of all the equipment in the customer solution
- Escalate issues to Vendors when required
- Provide expert-level consultancy on one or more strategic products or solution areas
- Provide technical account management of larger accounts
- Take responsibility for presales consultancy
- Provide expert value-added consultancy services in all areas within the complex environments in which you work
- Perform technical deliverables on time with diligence and transparency
- Create, modify and review technical design documents for complex solutions
- Create appropriate test plans and sign-off criteria for medium complex solutions
- Create hand over documents for clients, BAU and Professional Services Teams
- Certified Cisco CCNP or CCNA in Routing and Switching.
- Certified Cisco wireless technologies.
- A solid understanding of Cisco data networking products.
- Experience in incident management with solid methodologies and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate experience in IT services environments or professional services environment
- Exceptional level of technical knowledge in one or more product/solution/service areas, this may include acting as an expert resource on a national basis
- Highest technical strength in the dedicated field selected for:
- Cloud services
- Unified Communications
- Cisco Meraki Wireless
- Cisco ACI
- Juniper Knowledge Routing & Switching & Firewalls
- Experience in managing major incidents and working with technical team and senior network engineers
- Experience working with Cisco networking products in a project and support engagement
- Must have experience working in mission critical environments.
- Must have experience working within ITILv3 service management framework.
- Training or certification to ITIL process and policies
Being an experienced and results driven technology professional with great problem-solving skills you will naturally have:
- A client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude with a commitment to high quality work
- Ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Trust, Transform & Thrive with a company whose mission is to leading clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier, enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by today’s rapidly changing technologies.