Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what we make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
1. Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for providing on-site cyber security services associated with industrial Process Control Networks for Honeywell customers in the Oil and Gas; Hydrocarbon Processing; Power Generation; Pulp, Paper & Printing; Continuous Web Solutions; Petrochemicals; Life Sciences; and Metals, Minerals and Mining markets. Services provided include on-site consulting, troubleshooting, network designs, implementation, assessments and other job-related tasks
2. Principal Responsibilities
• Insuring project delivered on time and within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer
• Keep technically current with the HPS cyber & networking product/systems portfolio, while maintaining expert knowledge on specific designated cyber & network disciplines
• Maintain existing certifications
• Knowledge of current industry security standards such as ISA/IEC-62443, ISO 27000, etc.
• Develop sound and trusted relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical/engineering support
• Respond to customer inquiries, questions and issues by diagnosing problems and providing the most appropriate technical solution in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintain industrial safety awareness through the completion of pertinent safety certifications.
3. Principal Networks & Contact Links
4. Geographic Scope & Travel Requirements
• Requires 40 – 50% Travel to different customer sites for project execution.
5. Key Performance Measures
• Project delivery milestones
• Sales Leads
1. Education Required
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field such as Computer Science, Computer information systems, electronics or in lieu of degree
2. Work Experience Required
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in industrial automation network systems engineering
• 3+ years working with IT Security
• 3+ years Industrial Networking
• 3+ years’ experience in Network/Security Projects
Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
• CCNA or similar network/security certification, experience designing and optimizing complex LAN environments
• Linux/Windows Security Basics
• Cyber Security Risk Analysis
• Process Control system design/implementation
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve complex network and or application or system integration issues
• Experience with virtualization preferably VMWare
• Experience performing network/security services at customer sites
• Experience in LAN/WAN architectures & related diagnostic tools
• LAN/WAN and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLAN, WLAN, Frame Relay, Firewall, DMZ, VPN
• TCP/IP protocols – SMTP, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SSH, SSL, NTP
• Experience Network Security – Firewall, ACL, Modbus
• Specific experience in Cisco/HP/HUAWEI Routers, Switches, or Firewalls
• Microsoft – Active Directory, DNS, WSUS, Terminal Server
• Experience with anti-virus systems, backup & restore solutions, system management
Advantage having the following Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge
• Fault Tolerant Ethernet (Honeywell product)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or similar certification
• Wireless networking principles and experiences
• Experience Network Security – IDS, IPS & SIEM
3. Behavioural Competencies Required
• Result oriented
• Confident – ability to work with minimal supervision
• Open minded - Integrative thinker
• Influences without authority
• Effective communicator
• Customer service orientated.
4. Language Requirements
• English, Must have written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organization.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.