Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba and Silver Peak have joined forces! This acquisition demonstrates HPE’s continued commitment to double down on the Edge. The addition of Silver Peak into the Aruba portfolio will strengthen Aruba ESP (Edge Services Platform), helping to architect the hybrid workplace with a comprehensive edge-to-cloud networking solution covering all aspects of wired, wireless LAN and Software-Defined Wide Area Networking ( SD-WAN ).
In a typical day as a Presales Consultant Manager, you would
- Sell to and persuade technical personnel at medium and large enterprises on the value of Aruba / Silver Peak
- Deliver pre-sales presentations and demonstrations to customers and partners
- Support sales efforts through on-site meetings, group presentations and marketing activities
- Manage and own all technical aspects of the sales cycle
- Architect, install and configure the virtual and hardware appliances into customer environments for proof-of-concept and production deployments
- Own the technical relationship with customers, partners and resellers through technical training, problem escalation and new feature requests
- Maintain a strong market awareness and knowledge of competitive technologies to best position our products
- Provide prompt feedback to and be ready to aid product management and engineering on future direction of the product
- Travel to trade shows and marketing events
- Participate in discussion with marketing and engineering teams on new product introduction and provide feedback
If you are or have…
- good at demonstrating a knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP)
- Working experience with VLANs and IP subnetting
- Experienced using routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Knowledge and experience creating access control lists (ACLs) on routers and switches
- Recent experience using the CLI on major router and switch vendors
- Ability to present to an audience of mixed roles and technical abilities within an organization
- Troubleshooting skills that include hands-on experience with the configuration of networking gear
- Servers and Storage
- Working knowledge of the installation and configuration of virtual machines on major hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Competent troubleshooting skills on the installation and configuration of hypervisors and operating systems
- Software Skills
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, Linux operating system experience
Your soft skills:
- Team player willing to help out peers and other teams within the company
- Ability to present to a large audience or group of people
- Internal drive and positive attitude to go above and beyond whenever necessary to compete and win business
- Ability to occasionally work nights and weekends around customer schedules
Your Education, Experience, & Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Computing or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of experience as a pre-sales Systems/Sales Engineer
- Technical certifications are a plus (VCP, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP)
Join us and make your mark!
• A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
• Diverse and dynamic work environment
• Work-life balance and support for career development
• An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status