About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Role for an experienced Network SRE to be aligned with the Project North architecture team on combined remediation efforts within HK MIBS and ET. Requirements would be to work on the SRE backlog and identify areas for improvement in stability and performance from a Networks perspective. Help with the management of Deloitte engagements and act as the liaison into the group network team to ensure consistency of standards and implementations. This role is not 24X7 (handled by HK CERT).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Masters / Graduate degree in a technical discipline with good professional certifications.
- In-depth, hands-on working knowledge in Network/Security technology and Operational experience in a global MNC environment – preferably in BFSI industry or in a RIM profile handling large BFSI enterprise customers
- Proven ability to manage diverse stakeholder expectations
- Excellent oral/written communication skills for articulating thoughts clearly with stakeholders ranging from engineers to senior business management
- Initiate and manage implementation of vendor supported open-source tools environment like Nagios, Cacti by working with vendors and SCB Teams
- Automation Experience (Unix scripting, Web development & Sharepoint experience) for regular IM/CM tasks is highly desired
- Industry certifications – Juniper (Preferred) & CCNP Equivalent is a must (CCIE preferred)
- Following Skills are highly desired at deep technical level:
- Advanced LB experience in F5 platform
- DC technologies including ACI, SDN, NFV/VNF.
- WAN technologies including MPLS and SDWAN.
- Security Platforms - Juniper SRX, Netscreen FWs, Fortinet, Cisco ASA FWs, Proxies, VPN Gateways, Wireless products, etc.
- Switching / Routing
- IP Services like DNS, DHCP, IPAM, AAA Platforms
- Deep Knowledge of an Ecommerce Datacenter infrastructure with focus on GSLB/ISLB, SSL Offloading, FW Flows/HA/ALG details to lead complex multi-component, multi-platform operational issues
- Experience in working with cross-border teams, preferably in BFSI industry.
- Fundamental skills of Task prioritization, Time management, Customer focus, Excellent Oral & Written communication
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.