VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2014 revenues of $6.04 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 18,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
A self-service interface allows users to create custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver unique requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned and managed independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
Why work for our Division
The VMware Global Support (GS) team supports over 250,000 companies running VMware in over 100 different countries. GSS provides time-zone optimized coverage throughout five support centers globally. The GSS team supports the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners and participates in developing new products and new versions of current products. GSS team members also participate in product delivery strategy, product documentation, discussion forums with customers, and expert documents publishing. A commitment to excellence and customer advocacy pervades the GS team, and the work environment fosters intellectual stimulation through exchanges with internal and external customers. The VMware GS team members are the “best of the best” supporting business-critical applications in a virtual infrastructure.
• Respond to customer inquiries - via email and telephone.
• Mentor and provide training to other technical GS staff in Network troubleshooting topics.
• Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the lifecycle of the Service Request to resolution.
• Resolve all Technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
• Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems.
• Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase.
• Participate in testing alpha and beta products and provide feedback to Engineering.
• Be an advocate for network virtualization, educate GS on the NSX platform
• Troubleshoot and engage with NSX Engineering on customer reported issues, including identifying viable workarounds.
• Travel to Customer sites and represent VMware GS.
• Networking: In-depth understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management,, firewalling, load balancers, Security trust zones, Management Networks, VPN and network design
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as VMware VDS, Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
• Experience with network components such as, ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).Virtual networking components VSG, Nexus1000V, BGP & OSPF protocol, Cisco UCS and storage
• CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
• Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations including Compute, Storage and Networking.
• Experience designing and/or supporting large enterprise deployments.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. WireShark)
• Good practical working ability with Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• Graduate in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Ability to travel 20 per cent of the time.
Highly Preferred Skills
• Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
• UNIX kernel diagnostics/debugging (at a level typically found in senior level 2 or level 3 UNIX support staff)
• Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and Desktop Environments o Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including Fibre-channel and Ethernet based protocols
• Previous exposure to Cloud Management Platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vRA including Networking enabled by software
• Familiarly of Clustering Technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Redhat clustering, Oracle RAC
• Hands-on and working with key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
• Previous Enterprise Technical Support.
• CCNP or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Technical Support
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-19