Join America’s leading company on the frontlines of COVID-19.
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare is a novel healthcare support organization.
Since our inception, we have delivered over 5,000 medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 70 clinical and hospital settings on four continents.
AMI is hiring ER Nurses to support United Nations mission in Somalia.
• Deliver professional health services including provision of Resuscitative and Emergency Services, which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
• Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, primarily but not exclusively for Resuscitative and Emergency Services
• Ensure operational readiness of Resuscitative and Emergency Services, equipment, instruments and personal equipment.
• Assist with sterilization and maintenance of surgical instruments/equipment and stores.
• Orientate other nurses with the layout of the Emergency department and provide guidance on the duties be activated in an emergency.
• Assist with orientation for incoming personnel.
• Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required.
• Assist in the general day-to-day operations of the facility as required.
• Stay within restricted boundaries when responding to the on-call requirements.
• Train and work in a designated role within the facility’s trauma system, which is based on Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
• Ensure that highest standards of clinical governance in the provision of Resuscitative and Emergency Services
• Conduct a check of the Controlled Drugs.
• Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
• Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in designated role, or in other roles as directed by the Project Manager or designee.
• The Nurse must comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an emergency room nurse.
• Total of 5 years’ nursing Experience
• Diploma of Nursing, or equivalent.
• Postgraduate qualification in Emergency Nursing.
• Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse within Home Country.
• Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
• A valid Home Country License must be maintained at all times
• Current Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Basic Life Support (BLS) accredited through the AHA or equivalent and PHTLS/ITLS.
• Must be able to speak and understand the English Language
• Start Date: Immediately
• Location: Somalia
• Apply for this position: [...] or send your resume with required documents to careers email at firstname.lastname@example.org and write in subject: Somalia_ER Nurse
Your application will be forwarded to email@example.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.