LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada’s largest specialist care provider in diabetes & endocrinology. We’re transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 13 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 22 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists, Podiatrists, Health Coaches and Clinical Research Professionals.
Currently, our rapidly expanding team is looking for a Senior Medical Office Administrator who can work for us on a permanent, full-time basis supporting our LMC London clinic.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to:
- Serves as the team lead at the site for the MOA and MA team, and supports the clinic staff. Works in conjunction with Site Lead, where applicable.
- Performs check-in and check-out duties.
- Answers the phone, confirms or reschedules appointments, receives and communicates messages.
- Co-ordinates the patient visits along their care path, especially across LMC’s multidisciplinary services: Chiropody/Podiatry, DEP, Optometry, Pharmacy and Research.
- Obtains required medical records prior to the visit.
- Assists with external referrals to other specialists, diagnostic bookings and other tests.
- Addresses patients’ concerns or inquiries.
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, scans, and shipments.
- Maintains and orders the office and medical supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Completes the daily administrative tasks in EMR and follows the task management protocol.
- Liaises with medical laboratories and physician offices.
- Processes patient accounts receivable and payable (credit card, debit, cheque and cash payments).
- Completes third party forms and letters in compliance with the legal requirements.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Provides Medical Assistant support.
- Ensures patients’ confidentiality by following LMC’s Policies and Procedures.
Requirements preferred, but not limited to:
- Post-secondary education in a Certified Medical Office Administration Program or 3-5 years of similar experience working in medical office environment is required.
- Proficient knowledge of Electronic Medical Records or proficiency in Accuro is considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology is considered an asset.
- Previous customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Advanced computer skills are considered an asset.
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take direction and execute independently.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
LMC provides seven industry-leading programs:
- Endocrinology Specialist Practice (publicly-funded) - representing the largest group of Endocrinologists globally
- Nationally-accredited Diabetes Education Program (publicly-funded)
- Diabetes Pharmacy
- Chiropody & Foot Specialist Care
- Optometry & Eye Specialist Care
- Canada's largest Clinical Research network specializing in Diabetes innovations
- Virtual Health Coaching (diabetes prevention, type 2 diabetes management)
Why LMC might be right for you!
- 2016 Certified Best Workplace™
- 2014 and 2015 Canada’s Best Workplaces™
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Inclusive Employee Assistance Program
- RRSP contribution matching
- Education allowance (days and funding)
- Ongoing career training and development
- Employee Appreciation Days Off
- Additional Holiday Closure
- Opportunities to work with internationally renowned Endocrinologists
- State of the art Electronic Medical Records (EMR) environment
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.