MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
As a middle office professional in the India Broker Dealer Operations team you will hold a challenging, client-facing role, providing front to back operational support to international trading desks and external clients accessing the Indian equity markets.
The India Broker Dealer Operations team is part of the Operations, Technology and Finance (OT&F) division of Goldman Sachs and functions within the Indian securities entity; Goldman Sachs (India) Securities Private limited (GIPL). It is a relatively small team located out of two offices; Mumbai and Bengaluru supporting trading desks and external clients accessing the dynamic and heavily regulated Indian market through the Indian broking entity GIPL.
The India Broker Dealer Operations team provides front to back support for all operational aspects of India equities trading, from client initiation all the way through to settlement accounting whilst upholding strict standards of client service and risk management. To this end, the team supports sales and trading while closely collaborating with other parts of the federation such as technology, controllers, legal, compliance and various other teams within operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Trade booking, allocation and confirmation of Indian equity trades executed by the firm and its clients
- Performing essential client service and trader support in timely manner by furnishing traders in Mumbai and other location with essential trade and market data
- Handling all day to day functions of the team
- Continuously drive projects involving new products roll out, new system implementation, process improvements, regulatory changes etc.
- Obtaining an in-depth knowledge of the rules, regulations and various nuances of the Indian equities market as well as a sound understanding of our systems
- Responding promptly to client and counterparty inquiries, committing to deliverables as well as undertaking ad hoc investigation and analysis
- Performing regulatory trade reporting to the exchanges and liaising with domestic custodians on trade matching and fail trade resolution
- Maintaining a strict control standard on our downstream books of accounts and ensuring breaks are resolved in a timely manner
- Partnering with clients, trading desks and technology to improve efficiency, scalability and improve client experience through process re-engineering
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of experience in financial services
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Trading operations and middle office experience
- Strong communication skill and comfortable interacting with external clients
- Proactively seeks knowledge and takes up self-learning initiatives
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Job ID: 2021-79634
Schedule Type: Full Time
Region: Asia Except Japan
Business Unit: Local Markets Operations
Employment Type: Employee
- Full Time position
- Compensation will be Market Rate