Medical Information Case processor responsibilities include receiving and documenting incoming calls, chats, faxes and emails from external customers such as patients and/or healthcare providers) and responding to their enquiries about products. Summarizing these reports based on information identified as vital to the project
• Disseminate clear, accurate information to healthcare professionals and patients based on the approved call scripts and/or other approved resources related to the use of client products
• Creating Adverse Event and Product Quality Complaint reports requiring concise data entry covering everything from patient symptoms, admission and results – this will include medical terminology, writing narratives, generating case queries.
• Clarify, investigate and capture adverse event and product quality information
• Degree in a scientific or healthcare discipline (such as nurse or PharmD or other healthcare disciplines) ideally with 1-2 years’ similar experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience in Lifecycle safety (Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information, Aggregate Reporting, Risk Management etc.) is a distinct asset.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
• Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills.
• Self-motivated and flexible.
• Ability to follow instructions/guidelines, utilize initiative and work independently.
• Ability to multi-task, meet strict deadlines, manage competing priorities and changing demands.
• Ability to be flexible and receptive to changing process demands.
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills across Safety service lines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients.
• Ability to work as a Team Player, contribute and work towards achieving Team goals.
• Ensure quality of deliverables according to the agreed terms.
• Demonstration of IQVIA core values while doing daily tasks - Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
• Flexibility to operate in shifts.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.