Basecone, a Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Europe company, is a vibrant and dynamic place to work. We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art Solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and your team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone’s input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment. We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
About the role:
Basecone is looking for a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our Team. The ideal candidate has several years of experience as System Administration in a Hybrid (Linux/Windows) Ecosystem, professional knowledge of AWS and/or Azure Cloud Providers and its tools and CLIs. An ambition to raise the bar for implementing cutting-edge technologies and solutions that give Basecone and its customers a world-class product.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will ensure the continuous improvement of our existing (and new) platforms. Always, Source Controlling your changes, you will focus on Automate everything, from provisioning, bootstrapping, configuring to releasing, monitoring and testing.
In Basecone we adopted a DevOps way of working so expect to be a part of multiple teams. You will be providing technical and infrastructure support to the teams in order to help them push forward with their projects.
You should be familiar with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment Software Pipelines.
Your contribution will help us to implement and improve a secure, scalable and autonomous platform where to run our state-of-the-art solution for our customers.
- At least 5+ years hands-on infrastructure / operations experience;
- Degree in computer engineering or similar;
- Solid knowledge on how the Internet and Web applications work
- Experience with Monitoring systems like New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix or other
- Knowledge in CloudFormation and/or Terraform
- Experience with cloud-based concepts: automation, orchestration, elasticity and reliability
- Understanding of software development processes, principles and techniques
- Experience with GIT and JIRA or similar tools
- Experience in working in an AGILE environment
You are good at:
- Managing cloud infrastructure services - preferably AWS with the administration portal and CLI
- Managing NoSQL data stores such as Elasticsearch
- Managing SQL databases
- Managing Windows and Linux systems
- One or more programming language such as Powershell, Bash and/or Python
You excel in:
- Working with containers and orchestration frameworks focusing in Kubernetes
- Working with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment Software;
- Perform analysis and present problem-solving solutions
- Quickly troubleshoot complex problems, understand dependencies and find the root cause of issues.
- Producing technical documentation and producing logical, annotated and documented solutions
- Learning with and teaching others because at Basecone, sharing is caring!
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary. We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do
- Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality
- A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where refactoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed.
PRT-Porto-Praça do Bom Sucesso