Job Title: Operations Engineer
As an Operations Engineer, you will be the liaison through assignment to DevOps teams, to provide and enable those teams to achieve the delivery of new Products/Services Projects, at the same time ensuring the resulting products are ‘built to be operated’. Also, be responsible for identifying standards that will be applied across multiple teams and making sure they are achieved throughout the lifecycle of product creation. You will be accountable for supporting the Service Owner in the overall service improvement strategy of the Product and its associated services within the portfolio, removing the boundaries across the functional groups and applying best practices, methodologies, tools and processes, ensuring operational objectives can be met.
What you will do:
• Responsible for the end-to-end Service and Operations solution for all SITA products in the assigned portfolio from concept to retirement, including design, build, transition and continual improvement.
• Operates as a member of the portfolio DevOps team - an integrated team - in partnership with members of Product Management and PSE to deliver product and portfolio solutions to SITA customers.
• Drives innovation and service improvements for the assigned products at the strategic and operational level.
• Designs and builds service models that can maximize and leverage existing capabilities within SGS, reducing overall Total Cost of Ownership.
• Ensures the timely transition of the responsibilities to the relevant support groups by maintaining relationships and closely interlock with GOPS & SGS GEOs.
• Develops operational solutions by defining, studying, estimating, and evaluating alternative solutions, determining the impact on the total system.
• Responsible of maintaining CICD pipeline, Release Deployment control, Present DevOps in product CAB. Improves operational quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending process re-design; implementing changes; contributing information and opinion to DevOps teams.
• Attends the DevOps team stand-ups, integrating their needs into the Operations road map and performing any needed tasks.
• Ensures that non-functional and operational requirements such as performance, security and operational readiness are designed and built into the products of the assigned portfolio.
• Participate in scrum teams, join daily stand-ups as well as sprint reviews. Actively participate and promote the adopted agile ways of working.
Who you are
• At least 5 years’ experience in an established DevOps and Agile Operations environment.
• Over 10 years working within an enterprise operations team.
• Highly competent at working at senior levels within an IT services provider or in the IT division of a large international matrix organization, working with customers at multiple levels.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong experience in the management of a team of professionals, to deliver high value, cost-effective and strategic service solutions.
• Familiarity and comfort with tools used in continuous integration and continuous deployment pipeline is critical, as well as all the Toolset implemented and used by the Support groups.
• Experience with product migration as related to introducing new products in the company portfolio.
• Experience problem-solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments.
• Knowledge of Service Design / Architecture roles including Networks, Application integration and Management, Databases, Data Centre and Cloud Services.
• Evidence of leading or actively supporting transition.
What we offer
SITA’s workplace is all about diversity: many different countries and cultures are represented in our workforce, and colleagues who’ve been working here for decades collaborate with those just out of college and early in their careers. SITA is a place of change and constant improvement, where we're always pushing ourselves to find better ways of doing things: smarter, quicker, easier, for us and our customers and for their customers too.
And we offer all the good stuff you’d expect like holidays, bonuses, flexible benefits, medical policy, pension plan and access to world-class learning.
Welcome to SITA
SITA is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology. We don’t just connect the global aviation industry. We apply decades of experience and expertise to address almost every core business, operational, baggage, and passenger process in air transport.
We design, build and support technology solutions all with one vision to create easy air travel every step of the way. As an organization, we cover 95% of all international air travel destinations and work with over 2,800 air transport and government customers in every corner of the globe. Are you ready to explore the opportunities?
In case of issues with uploading your CV or accessing the application system, please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be forwarded to email@example.com
Please review all application instructions before applying.